Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DOORSam32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Im new here and i have a couple of questions... i have a Windows but I really want a macintosh. I want a notebook buwith the iSight and all that stuuf.. any suggestions on what to buy?

vanmacguy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2007
Not where you live.
All Mac laptops come with iSight. All iMacs do too.

As to which one to buy? There are many, many threads on this topic already.

It all depends on what you want it for. MacBooks are cheaper but a bit more lightweight in power. MacBook Pro's have more power but are larger and more expensive. They all come with the same software.

Look around the forum and see what advice others were given.

Cheers.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
well since you don't seem to know much about computers (not a bad thing, i'm just saying) you won't need a macbook pro.

get the middle macbook.

vanmacguy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2007
Not where you live.
Get the 17" Macbook Pro

This is obviously the most expensive one. Don't get me wrong, if cost is not a barrier, then this is the one to get. This is what I have and it's fantastic.

If cost is a barrier, I would advise you to *not* get the cheapest MacBook but to get either the middle MacBook or what we call the BlackBook or the black MacBook. The lowest end MacBook has a less featured optical drive and a small hard drive.

But if you can spring for it, the MacBook Pro line is the way to go.

Cheers.

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
Im new here and i have a couple of questions... i have a Windows but I really want a macintosh. I want a notebook buwith the iSight and all that stuuf.. any suggestions on what to buy?
Why don't you give us some details about what you're going to do with it, what you expect to do with it in the next few years, your occupational needs (student, professional, etc), and the attributes you look for in a computer?

well since you don't seem to know much about computers (not a bad thing, i'm just saying) you won't need a macbook pro.

get the middle macbook.

I agree with this. In terms of value, the mid macbook is great. Though I do suggest waiting until they're updated, and for Leopard to be a bit more stable (maybe mid November and after).

DOORSam32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
ok... well- i will probably do two things more than any.

1. iPhoto and that stuff- love making movies and graphic editing. Not to mention Garrage Band so i can make kool videos of me playing my guitar.

2. Gaming- love playing computer games- its the best

as for the rest- probably typing for school papers and music cause nothing beets rock and roll

scpt

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2007
ok... well- i will probably do two things more than any.

2. Gaming- love playing computer games- its the best

I would suggest the 15" Macbook pro for better gaming...the cheaper one comes with 128 MB nvidia graphics card...its 256 MB card in the higher end one. However if money is no barrier go for the 17" one...bigger screen & 256 MB graphics card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.