iPhone X Which one to choose? (X,8 plus,...)

Starcrowl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2017
27
2
I've sold my iPhone SE 32GB today because i want a bigger model but idk which model to buy. I was expecting to see new iPhone SE with WWDC but i know they wont release it that early. I have a chance to buy X or 8 Plus now but i can buy another model and sell it on September. Give me an advice please, with which phone should i wait? Maybe i can buy X and sell it later when new LCD Panel iPhone X is came...
 

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
33,977
34,981
I've sold my iPhone SE 32GB today because i want a bigger model but idk which model to buy. I was expecting to see new iPhone SE with WWDC but i know they wont release it that early. I have a chance to buy X or 8 Plus now but i can buy another model and sell it on September. Give me an advice please, with which phone should i wait? Maybe i can buy X and sell it later when new LCD Panel iPhone X is came...
We technically don’t know if there will be an updated SE at all, but if it was me, I would opt for the iPhone X, it has the latest technology and specifications, but what it really comes down to is do you prefer face ID or touch ID? Either way, the 6.1 LCD rumored iPhone is also slated to have face ID, which clearly is Apples future. So I would either opt for the X or the 6.1 LCD iPhone.
 

Starcrowl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2017
27
2
We technically don’t know if there will be an updated SE at all, but if it was me, I would opt for the iPhone X, it has the latest technology and specifications, but what it really comes down to is do you prefer face ID or touch ID? Either way, the 6.1 LCD rumored iPhone is also slated to have face ID, which clearly is Apples future. So I would either opt for the X or the 6.1 LCD iPhone.
Thanks for the answer. I dont have a phone right now, i'm using Galaxy S3 from stone age :) I need to buy a phone asap. That's why idk what to do. Is it reasonable to buy iPhone X now and wait for the next LCD iPhone with it? Economy is not good here too, Turkish Lira is going down everyday and government is thinking to get more tax soon for iphones... This is another reason...
 

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
33,977
34,981
Thanks for the answer. I dont have a phone right now, i'm using Galaxy S3 from stone age :) I need to buy a phone asap. That's why idk what to do. Is it reasonable to buy iPhone X now and wait for the next LCD iPhone with it? Economy is not good here too, Turkish Lira is going down everyday and government is thinking to get more tax soon for iphones... This is another reason...
The iPhone X likely would be more of an upgrade over the rumored 6.1 LCD iPhone, as that will be more of an entry level with Face ID, which is rumored not to have wireless charging, have an aluminum backing, lacking 3D Touch capabilities, etc.
 
Last edited:

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2016
1,621
556
Joplin
I’d get the X but if you plan on selling it in 3 months then just go to Walmart and buy an AT&T version iPhone se for $150 to hold you over.
[doublepost=1528037161][/doublepost]But If you like the se. I think I would wait til tomorrow for sure you never know Apple might release a new se.
 

Starcrowl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2017
27
2
I’d get the X but if you plan on selling it in 3 months then just go to Walmart and buy an AT&T version iPhone se for $150 to hold you over.
[doublepost=1528037161][/doublepost]But If you like the se. I think I would wait til tomorrow for sure you never know Apple might release a new se.
I live in Turkey, so i got no chance to buy an AT&T iPhone SE. I didn't sell my iPhone SE and decided to wait to see new models or iPhone SE's new model. Maybe i get help or save money till september :) I think this is the best way to wait.
 

IowaLynn

macrumors 68000
Feb 22, 2015
1,569
362
As backup phone spare and to use until October I’d consider a 7 seeing you’re coming from SE.
 

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
5,559
1,945
Buying an X now is just a waste of money. New one coming and possibly for $100 cheaper than the current one.

8+ is last of its kind so it would make sense to get one while you still can, if that's what you want.
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.