Which one to choose?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by eXoBrute, Jan 7, 2009.

1. eXoBrute macrumors regular

Alright well i had a thread awhile ago to help me decide between the new macbook pro or macbook for my needs. I am 15 and like doing photoshop, video editing and some games. I also enjoy the mobility of a laptop. Well i wanted either the new macbook or the new macbook pro but i cannot afford the new macbook pro. So my question is

Buy the NEW macbook 2.0GHz with all the new stuff

OR

Buy the Older version (one right before the october/november release) of the Macbook Pro 2.2Ghz 15" screen?

Which 1? i Really like the new design but i also wanted a macbook pro. Everyone said get the macbook pro on the last 1 but since i cant afford the newer version which should i get now?

Also if i end up getting the older macbook pro how many more years till it will be really outdated?

Thanks

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I'd go with the MacBook Pro because it is not that much heavier, has a more powerful GPU and more screen space. And there is no absolute when it will be "outdated", it becomes outdated when it no longer has the power for your needs.

3. eXoBrute thread starter macrumors regular

Mmm, Even though they just introduced another 1? I really really like the design of the new macbook but haven't really seen the macbook pro in person. Is there a lot of difference in the design with the newer 1s? Also i wouldnt be buying either until May so does that change anything? cause i know snow leopard is being shipped with them soon.

4. GSPice macrumors 68000

GSPice

+1 on macbook pro. And by your post it sounds like you want the new macbook. Don't be surprised by people telling you to go pro.

5. eXoBrute thread starter macrumors regular

Well i love the new design, the new battery meter, Black border, etc. But thats why i was asking u guys does the macbook pro look a lot different then the newer versions?

6. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I've used that MacBook Pro that you are considering as my main computer and it ran great. I would buy that MacBook Pro over the MacBook if I were to choose between them.

7. eXoBrute thread starter macrumors regular

Mk, I'm definitely thinking about it. I just am not 100% sure to go with it yet because they came out with the newer versions so this is kinda considered old.

8. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Technically I'm using an older MacBook Pro right now, but honestly it still feels very fast. If I didn't know there was a newer version out then I would think that it was the newest version.

9. GSPice macrumors 68000

GSPice

old
    [​IMG]

new (pro)
    [​IMG]

10. eXoBrute thread starter macrumors regular

Yeh i think im going to get the macbook, i cant get over the new design, even tho some people hate it i absolutely love it. Unless i go to the apple store and the geniuses tell me to go with the older pro then im pretty sure im going with the macbook. But i still want to here ur guys opinions because u always really help me (which i thank u all for).

Other then that i have 1 more question:

Btw i wrote this on notepad before i started making this post.

i am turning 16 in may and as u know i was going to get either the macbook or the older macbook pro (still havent decided). But i have been reading a couple threads about Nehalem and the new chips etc being released in the summer and Nehalem in the winter. So i wanted to no, should i wait or buy now (if i wait idk howd i be able to buy it because i would be getting this for my 16th birthday, my parents spend about $500 on christmas). But if i decide to buy it now (in May) and they come out with some new chip upgrade in the summer (say july) would i be able to return it and get a newer version since mine would only be 2 months old? Thanks

11. GSPice macrumors 68000

GSPice

I'd agree the new macbooks look better. Hardware performance compared to the last MBP, however, is a different story.

12. GSPice macrumors 68000

GSPice

My brother has the now-old MBP. He's looking at trading it in for the new MBP, not the new MB, if that tells you anything. And he started with the white MB.

13. eXoBrute thread starter macrumors regular

Well i havent decided yet on that but whata bout this:

i have been reading a couple threads about Nehalem and the new chips etc being released in the summer and Nehalem in the winter. So i wanted to no, should i wait or buy now (if i wait idk howd i be able to buy it because i would be getting this for my 16th birthday, my parents spend about $500 on christmas). But if i decide to buy it now (in May) and they come out with some new chip upgrade in the summer (say july) would i be able to return it and get a newer version since mine would only be 2 months old? Thanks

14. GSPice macrumors 68000

GSPice

I don't think you'd be able to return any Apple hardware after 2 months: Apple Return and Refund Policy

15. eXoBrute thread starter macrumors regular

Alright so do u think i shuld buy now or wait for who knows when for the new i7 nethalem or whatever they are called.