which one?!?!

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by BradleyGaulden, Mar 6, 2008.

1. BradleyGaulden macrumors member

i was just wondering if jumping up to the 160 gb Apple TV is worth it! the 40 gb one is pretty good but for 100 dollers more i could get like 400 times the capacity!! but i was thinking that im pretty sure i would never use 160 gbs of that! could i add an external hd to the :apple:tv? if not then could someone refer me to which one would be better!!! thanks alot guys!!!!:apple::apple:

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Neither model is "better" than the other - they just have different storage capacities. You cannot add an external HD to the Apple TV (the USB port is for diagnostic purposes only).

I personally don't see the need for a lot of storage because movies can be streamed from your computer.

3. cohibadad macrumors 6502a

cohibadad

If you have wireless N, streaming is nearly as good as syncing. If your wireless is slower, the larger HD :apple:TV is worth it. The :apple:TV USB is currently for diagnostics. I would assume this could change with a software update in the future.