Which one......?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Danarc, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Danarc macrumors member

Am thinking of getting a case that will not cause damage to my iphone 3g when dropped and also not scratch the phone when fitted on. I have decided on an INCASE SLIDER BLACK or SWITCHEASY REBEL CAPSULE. Any recommeded on the most suitable, any other recommedations welcomed. Thanks

2. stiphone macrumors regular

I strongly recommend the Otterbox Defender. Check out the reviews. I think that it's the best case for me. No worries about it being dropped or scratched. The only downside is that the silicon do attract a bit of lint.

3. Danarc thread starter macrumors member

Put off

The design of the ottercase defender is a put off. Am going for a simple but durable case. Thanks for the reply by the way.

4. cmooreou macrumors member

i'd go with a capsule rebel. slider scratched my first gen iphone bad. the rebel is a really good case

quick pros/cons of rebel
    pros: very good protection, lots of extras, price, looks

cons: hard plastic back scratches easy, silicone will easily "scar" (not sure what to call it)

the slider is a good case, but the sliding action to put it on or take it off can be hazardous. if any dirt/sand/anything like that gets inside the case from your pocket, you are going to scratch the phone when taking it off

5. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

I'd recommend the Incase Slider. Great overall protection in a slim, sharp looking case. But the Capsule Rebel is good too. You can't go wrong with either. Just stay away from an ALL silicone case because they stick to everything, make it hard to carry in a pocket, and can rip or stretch easily.

PS- They recently released some new colors, so you now have a bunch more to choose from. I like the gunmetal & silver ones as well as the black.

6. Danarc thread starter macrumors member

Recommendation

Thanks for the replies keep them coming. Any other recommended cases or any pros and cos of my specified two. Thanks

7. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

I have the rebel, but I would recommend the slider because over time the rebel develops a sag and exposes some of the chrome at the bottom

8. cmooreou macrumors member

this happened to mine too, if you get a rebel, over time this will almost certainly happen. it still protects the phone but doesnt look as good. the slider will maintain its looks for a lot longer, but i still like the rebel :p

9. Danarc thread starter macrumors member

still not sure

Am worried about the loose end of the rebel which i have been hearing about and slightly worried about the slider sratching the phone. hmmmm:confused:

10. mattlong1978 macrumors member

mattlong1978

I also liked the Incase Slider however i found it kept making my screen protector bubble up, I'm currently using the Marware Sport Grip does need a clean once in a while and but besides that its a pretty nice case fairly cheap compared to some of the others.

11. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Go for the CapsuleNeo then, that silicon membrane will help your phone to be protected from scratches. It has a sleek design too, consider their logo at the back though.

12. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

+1 on the NEO. Best case I've owned.