Which OS is best for me?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TangoT, Dec 17, 2011.

1. TangoT, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011

TangoT macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a Macbook Pro 4,1 that's currently running 10.5.8..

It's got a 2.4gHz Intel Core 2 Duo, and 4GB 667MHz ram.

I like the Spaces feature a lot, as well as the native actions..

I am interested in getting right click..

I often have TONS of windows open at once. Lots of browser tabs/windows, a few file explorers, maybe one or two programs like Photoshop or Word.

That basically describes my computing habits.. I definitely want to keep native gesture compatibility and Spaces/equivalent of Spaces.. I don't have any special Mac programs, the Mac programs I do have I've already checked to be compatible with any OS.

My question is should I stay with 10.5.8, Upgrade to Snow Leopard, or upgrade to Lion, to meet my needs, respective to the specs of the computer?

Thank you

2. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

The op wants to keep Spaces. So Lion, even though it's newer, is not the best choice. Snow Leopard is amazing, so that is what I'd do.

3. TangoT thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your quick responses!

I had the chance a few weeks ago to check out Lion at the Apple Store, and I know there's a multiple desktops feature there that uses native gestures, which seems to me (minus the gestures), to be more or less what Spaces is. my worries though are twofold, that 1) the gestures won't be supported, and 2) that Lion will be too resource-intensive for my Macbook.

Would either of those situations be true