Which other products will get announced during iPod touch announcement?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by skiltrip, Aug 9, 2010.

1. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Like the subject says... Traditionally, which other products had update announcements along with the iPod touch in the past?

2. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Other Products?

- New Nano and Shuffle. Possibly a new Classic too.

3. skiltrip thread starter macrumors 68030

So basically, it's always been an iPod exclusive event?

4. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

.... Hasnt it? For the most part...

5. skiltrip thread starter macrumors 68030

That's what I was asking. As I said in the thread start, I'm new to this Apple stuff. I never paid attention until this spring when I bought my first Apple product, a MacBook Pro. Since then I've been hooked.

6. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Oh. I thought you were being sarcastic. I dont think it is strictly iPod stuff. But i think it is for the most part.

7. gdkid2010 macrumors regular

Isn't a new version of iTunes usually released?

8. skiltrip thread starter macrumors 68030

Nope. It was genuine. But I can't totally see how some smart asses around here might say that in a sarcastic tone.

Gotcha. In any case, I'm looking forward to the announcement. It's probably best to go keep busy for a few weeks and check back. But I'm sure I'll be following these threads and any rumors I can get my eyes on for the next month. lol.

9. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

I think so...

10. ImAwesome macrumors newbie

ImAwesome

I'm guessing Steve Jobs knows that all of the hype of the iPhone and iPad is kinda making the iPod Touch seem not so great. Heard sales went down like 8 percent. They really need a huge fund booster other than just a new iPod. Perhaps a CAMERA ATTACHMENT!!! Really want one badly!

11. zjzjn1 macrumors member

Yay! iTunes X

12. gta50419 macrumors 6502

yeah just new ipods and a new itunes (hopefully this one have free downloadable themes)

13. NSWMaps macrumors member

I would not be shocked if a X.0 release is skipped so it can be shipped with 10.7 next year.

14. zjzjn1 macrumors member

Ummm... yeah. You are right. So...

Yay iTunes 9.5!

15. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

It's categorized as an iPod/iTunes update keynote. With generally a new version of iTunes with a few new features and each of the iPod models are updated. Expect big things from the upcoming iPod touch! Oh, by the way, these events have taken place in early September since 2007. (there may have been September iPod events in 2005 and 2006 as well, but I can't remember)
    :)

16. Briview macrumors regular

EXACTLY. If you think about it considering Finance Economics, Apple needs to find something that would make the iPod touch stand out from the rest of the pack. If you look at music keynote last year at the Apple's Events website, the iPod touch (3rd generation, September 2009) was the number one mobile device in the world (even higher sales than the iPhone) and was praised. If Apple's newer products (iP4/iPad/iPod nano) are going to be killing the iPod touch, then they're going to have to come up with something extremely impressive, or else they'll lose sales/market audience.

17. EllieV macrumors 6502

If it is realeased during the iTunes+iPod event, it will be realeased with a new shuffle and nano and maybe classic, and maybe new iTunes. And it will be realeased with iOS 4.1.

If it is realeased during the iPod Touch media event in mod august, it will be realeased with iOS 4.1, and maybe a new iPad.