Which otter box do you use?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by npolly0212, Oct 1, 2015.

?

Which otter box did/are you getting?

1. Defender

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Commuter

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. npolly0212 macrumors 65816

I have a zag glass screen protector on my iPhone 6s+ but really wanna get an otter box (being very accident prone)
    Just can't decide which One I want to buy commuter or defender series? Don't know if I need that extra screen shield that comes with the defender series with it already having a glass protector on it.
    So figured I would see which one everyone else is getting (of those who are getting otter box)

2. mzengr macrumors regular

mzengr

I've had a Commuter for all of my iPhones except this one. I think the Commuter will add too much bulk to my 6s+. Since you have a screen protector on it, I definitely recommend going with the Commuter over the Defender. It adds a good amount of protection though not as much as the Defender.

3. Mactaculious macrumors regular

Defender without the built in screen protector.

4. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

That's what I was thinking but I'm very accident prone too. I figured with the new materials used to build it the commuter will be good

Without the screen protector? How do you get that lol

5. mzengr macrumors regular

mzengr

I've read about people removing the built-in screen protector. Maybe that's what is meant.

Not sure how the post ended up with my name though! LOL

6. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

Oh ha you didn't post it?

7. mzengr macrumors regular

mzengr

No the person after me did. Just thought that was funny!

8. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

I quoted yours above that one..There were 2 replies in that post lol.

9. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

Also, do you know if the 6+ otter box will fit the 6s+ perfectly?

10. mzengr macrumors regular

mzengr

I'm not completely sure as I haven't tried the Otters yet. I do know that some cases won't work because the 6s+ is just a little bigger. I have a Moshi 6+ case on right now and it's pretty easy to get on but a pain to get off. I also tried my friend's Mophie for her 6+ and my phone was too tight to go all the way into the case. She took it out for fear of it getting stuck.

11. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

Ah alright. I just made the switch back over to apple so I don't really have anything to test lol. I guess I will wait a few months until they start selling on eBay for 30-40 bucks instead of buying just a regular 6+ one and being screwed over

12. Mactaculious macrumors regular

The reason for this is that most Defenders' built-in screen protector does not sit flush with the screen and there is a noticeable gap where the user will have to press down harder to activate the screen. Additionally, there have been reports on the plastic covering over the home button material will leave a visible mark/stain on the glass around the area it's covering. (very difficult to remove or impossible in some cashes)

The way to circumvent this problem is to take a blow dryer and heat the frame edges around the built-in screen protector to loosent the glue and pop it off and clean off the residual glue residue.

Lastly it's best to use your own screen protector when doing this.

13. jldesutter83 macrumors regular

jldesutter83

I have the Symmetry. Way less bulk and I feel protected enough.