Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Crazysah

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 17, 2007
I need a answer by tonight guys.

Also... Do I need to get anything other than these 2 packages? Which editing software is best for the camera?

I am a windows users.

Thanks
Crazysah

Carl Spackler

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2005
Outer Space
The first package is more appealing to me. I think a car charger would be extremely handy and I personally prefer Panasonic tapes to Sony.

Depending on what type of things you're editing, Windows Movie Maker may do the trick. If you want an editor with more flexibilty, Premiere Elements would probably do it.

Crazysah

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 17, 2007
Thanks for the reply. So do I need to buy anything else other than what is in the first package? Like a extra memory card... anything?

Actually... I will be buying a extra battery so which one shall I buy?

Also... Sony Vegas or Adobe Elements for editing?

Thanks
Crazysah

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
I agree w/Carl's post. The first package (the one w/the car charger and mini-tripod) looks better. And you are already buying an extra battery which is always good (I'd get the biggest one you can afford). As far as editing goes it all depends on what you want do to. I'd try Windows movie maker first because it's free. If that feels limiting move up to Premiere Elements (as Carl suggested) and if that feels limiting move up to Premiere Pro or Vegas (I think they both have free demos for download). Unfortunately I haven't edited on a PC for years (except for Avid) so I don't have any timely first had experience w/Premiere or Vegas.

-Lethal

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
In the first pacakge... are there 2 tripods provided?
Yes. There is a regular sized tripod as well as a mini-tripod that you can use on table tops and the like.

Going by just the picture of the charger in your OP it's hard to tell if it's just a car charger or a combo car/wall charger.

Last... Sony Vega or Adobe Elements?
That really just depends on you. Both the consumer versions of Vegas and Premiere are around $100 and although I can't say for sure, I doubt you could go wrong w/either one.

Lethal

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
I think the $1264.99 package is better

Looks like you get .5 wide lens with the cheaper package. The more expensive one only gives you a .65 wide lens. So for that reason alone, I would go with the $1264.99 package. Plus you get a desk tripod too. And the bag looks bigger. The light is bogus because it won't fit nor work on the HC7 hot shoe. There's also no memory stick on the more expensive package although 512MB is hardly large enough. I have a 4GB in mine. But that may be overkill.

4God

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2005
My Mac
... Sony Vega or Adobe Elements?

Think about how far you are going to go with this. Adobe Premiere is a good
upgrade path from Elements. Although, IMHO, I would be researching Mac
stuff. ;)

Looks like you get .5 wide lens with the cheaper package. The more expensive one only gives you a .65 wide lens. So for that reason alone, I would go with the $1264.99 package. Plus you get a desk tripod too. And the bag looks bigger. The light is bogus because it won't fit nor work on the HC7 hot shoe. There's also no memory stick on the more expensive package although 512MB is hardly large enough. I have a 4GB in mine. But that may be overkill.

Ditto.....'nuff said. :)

Crazysah

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 17, 2007
So I will buy the first option... Is there anything else I need?

Like a extra battery... or a microphone or anything?

Thanks
Crazysah

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.