Which pair of headphones for iTouch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by vchalupa, Dec 12, 2008.

1. vchalupa macrumors member

Hey guys,

I know there are a ton of audiophiles here so I was hoping you could answer a question on which pair of headphones I should get for my 1st Gen iTouch.

So I think I've narrowed it down to these two:

V-MODA Bass Freq:
    http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Bass-Freq-Earbuds-Bling/dp/B000FUESSU

Sennheiser CX300-B Earbuds:
    http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-CX300-B-Earbuds-Black/dp/B000E6G9RI/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I'm basically looking for good earphones that predominantly have good mids. I like some bass but I just don't want it to be overwhelming. I was hoping some of you could give me your input especially if you have these headphones.

I'm open to other suggestions too if there are better headphones for this price range. I selected these two because they're $20 on Amazon and everywhere else they're around $50.

Thanks!

2. tweeze27 macrumors newbie

i got some Panasonics

the ones that clip on to your ear

if you listen to hip hop

good god they are so very loud just how i like :D

3. vchalupa thread starter macrumors member

Do you remember what the model number was? And how much were they? Are they durable? Specifically the cord.

4. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (iPod Touch: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77a Safari/525.20)

Don't go for the vmoda unless youlike muddy distorted music. I have not heard the sennheisers but I own a pair of the vmodas

5. vchalupa thread starter macrumors member

I received similar feedback from others. But are the headphones durable? And if the sound is muddy and distorted, why are they rated so high?

6. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

I strongly recommand the Denon 551. I'm very pleased with them.

7. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (iPod Touch: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77a Safari/525.20)

They are very durable. They have a lanyard inside the cord,so it is reinforced. My mom used one pair for over two years before the plug separated from the cord. About the sound quality-it is mostly a personal preference, and I don't like them. I much prefer my shures, but they cost more than twice what the vmodas do. If you want durability, look no further. If you want quality sound, I reccommend you keep searching. O

8. Walt DI macrumors member

9. orangetrumpeter macrumors member

ETYMOTIC or nothing. There are some solid models pretty inexpensively listed on Amazon.com, give them a look.

10. gjw4u macrumors 6502

Get colored in-ear

If you like in-ear buds and don't wanna settle for only white or black, have a look at:
    https://www.aiaiai.de/
    If :apple: doesn't get their new Buds to work 100% (volume buttons), I think I'll go for a pair of blue Y-coms.

11. laserfox macrumors 6502

laserfox

altec lansing headphones

I just bought these, the sound quality is good, lots of base and good pitch, the cord is made of a rope like material, so its easy to untangle and supposedly will last longer. My only complaint is I wished it was less high pitched, but you can adjust that in music settings.

Its on sale for only $27 bucks. Grab it if you can.

12. vchalupa thread starter macrumors member

Speaking of skullcandys. Are they any good? One of my friends bought a pair and he absolutely HATED it. He had to return them because they weren't even decent.

13. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

14. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

well for 19 bucks or 25 bucks the quality and sound of skulcandys; it's amazing imo..i ve also got seinheisser cx 300 i paid a bit more than that,, but they are a lot better than the SC

15. Tragedies macrumors 6502

I reccomend some CX 500's. They sound good and aren't very expensive.

16. vchalupa thread starter macrumors member

I love Klipsch but do they have any for this price range?

17. California King macrumors 65816

I have 2 of the V-Moda's (gave 1 away) and they're pretty decent for the price. If you can, you should invest in some higher quality earbuds...maybe the new Apple earbuds?

18. Vikinguy macrumors 6502

Etymotic er6i's are off the charts good. Especially if mids are your deal.

19. dave92029 macrumors member

I got the Apple Headphones for a few dollars more

When I saw the Sennheiser cx300 for under $20 on Amazon I ordered them, but cancelled the order.

I just got the Apple remote with mic for $79. I realize that is more than your budget, and mine, but the remote is great for adjusting the volume. I used to have difficulty getting the 2G slider to accurately adjust the volume. The Mic allows me to use Truphone to make WiFi telephone calls for free. Plus I'm not a fan of heavy bass. I prefer a more natural sound and the Apple Headphone's really has a wonderful sound IMHO.:D :apple:

I also saw Etymotic 6i;s for a short time on Amazone for $49.99. I should have bought a set, but the price was so low I wasn't sure if they were new or used. :eek:

I found buying the "right" headphones to be a very difficult decision...good luck! :confused:

20. Walt DI macrumors member

I love my skullcandy's. They're pretty good considering the price of 'em.