iPhone X Which Phone for Camera?

Londoner1982

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2018
Hi all,

New here.

I'm looking to get a new phone, at the moment I can only afford either a Galaxy S9+ or the iPhone X.

Next year I will considering getting either the iPhone Xs Max or the Galaxy S10+

I like both Android and iOS so that's not an issue, just wondering which phone is best in general in your opinions and which has the best camera?

I know I really don't like the softening of people on Galaxy phones especially on their front cameras, it's something they should have sorted out a long time ago really, maybe they will on the S10+

I've seen a lot of samples from the iPhone X and the Xs and they look good, I know the Xs camera is probably far better than that X.

Help me out here please guys.

Thanks.

Londoner1982

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2018
Did have a pixel 2 I picked up secondhand a while back. Didn't like the screen or the design or the lack of any optical zoom.
[doublepost=1537821690][/doublepost]It's purely between the X and the S9+ right now and I know some on here maybe biased but I'm sure I'll get honest opinions.

Vermifuge

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2009
Did have a pixel 2 I picked up secondhand a while back. Didn't like the screen or the design or the lack of any optical zoom.
[doublepost=1537821690][/doublepost]It's purely between the X and the S9+ right now and I know some on here maybe biased but I'm sure I'll get honest opinions.
Can't recommend the X after seeing what the Xs can do.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
S9 camera is better than the X.

Not a fan of Samsung's skin, but prefer Android. I went OnePlus 6, and love it, though the camera is a step behind the S9, and similar to the X.

Renho

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
Hi all,

New here.

I'm looking to get a new phone, at the moment I can only afford either a Galaxy S9+ or the iPhone X.

Next year I will considering getting either the iPhone Xs Max or the Galaxy S10+

I like both Android and iOS so that's not an issue, just wondering which phone is best in general in your opinions and which has the best camera?

I know I really don't like the softening of people on Galaxy phones especially on their front cameras, it's something they should have sorted out a long time ago really, maybe they will on the S10+

I've seen a lot of samples from the iPhone X and the Xs and they look good, I know the Xs camera is probably far better than that X.

Help me out here please guys.

Thanks.
The 10s Max takes great pics, the portrait mode is where it’s at!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.