Which phone should I use while waiting for iPhone 5?

Anthony T

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I want to sell my 4S now, but I want a reliable phone to use in between selling my 4S and waiting for the new iPhone to be released.

It doesn't have to be a smartphone or anything special. Just something reliable, that is easy to text on. I want something I can get for cheap, whether it's used or new.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
I want to sell my 4S now, but I want a reliable phone to use in between selling my 4S and waiting for the new iPhone to be released.

It doesn't have to be a smartphone or anything special. Just something reliable, that is easy to text on. I want something I can get for cheap, whether it's used or new.
To me, only a smartphone would work for texting. But that is me.

I know people that text just fine on the basic cell phone. Cost? About $10

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Unless you plan on buying a cheap phone ~$50, why not just wait? The price you pay for a new phone will probably just balance out.

cambookpro

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Just go down to any phone store and pick one you want. When O2 was repairing my iPhone (long before the days of Apple Stores that were near to me!), I got a Sony Ericsson for £2.99. It did the job.

rever3nce

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
I went back to my cracked iPhone 3Gs, not as bad as I thought it would be, but its better than having any other basic phone. Plus using this for about a month until new iPhone will make it feel like I got a huge upgrade lol

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
What carrier are you on? It should be simple enough to hit up craigslist to find something cheap and local. I'd pick up an older Android phone to get a taste of the OS if you've never used it.