Which phone should I use while waiting for iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Anthony T, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

I want to sell my 4S now, but I want a reliable phone to use in between selling my 4S and waiting for the new iPhone to be released.

It doesn't have to be a smartphone or anything special. Just something reliable, that is easy to text on. I want something I can get for cheap, whether it's used or new.

2. nostresshere macrumors 68030

To me, only a smartphone would work for texting. But that is me.

I know people that text just fine on the basic cell phone. Cost? About $10

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Unless you plan on buying a cheap phone ~$50, why not just wait? The price you pay for a new phone will probably just balance out.

4. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Just go down to any phone store and pick one you want. When O2 was repairing my iPhone (long before the days of Apple Stores that were near to me!), I got a Sony Ericsson for £2.99. It did the job.

5. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

I went back to my cracked iPhone 3Gs, not as bad as I thought it would be, but its better than having any other basic phone. Plus using this for about a month until new iPhone will make it feel like I got a huge upgrade lol

6. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

What carrier are you on? It should be simple enough to hit up craigslist to find something cheap and local. I'd pick up an older Android phone to get a taste of the OS if you've never used it.

7. jettie1767 macrumors 6502

I bought myself a Samsung Galaxy SIII while waiting for the iPhone 5 to come out.