Which photo sharing site

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by bananabar, Nov 12, 2008.

1. bananabar macrumors regular

I recently went away with a group of friends and would love to share the photos. I've tried Flickr, but it seems quite restrictive in many ways.

Is there a site which allows me to join and then share them by emailing people some sort of password in order to allow only them to see it? (two of my friends are well-known celebrities so I can't risk putting them on a public site)

Also, I'd like the people who have the password to then be able to comment on and even upload their own photos to that same set. Is this possible?

Thanks.

2. Edge100 macrumors 68000

I use Smugmug, which I can't say enough good things about. You can definitely passwrod protect specific galleries and have viewers add comments, and I believe you can allow viewers to upload additional pics, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

3. wheelhot macrumors 68000

kodakgallery should fit what you want. It usually requires you to send email invitation in order for a person would be able to browse through the photos.

4. osin macrumors 6502

I use http://www.zenfolio.com
    I love their design and simplicity. I believe that your celebrity friends would enjoy this host.
    Event though you have to pay for it $25, it is worth every penny. If you use my referral code #YRF-6XN-3BX while signing up, you will save $5.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Another vote for smugmug. Great site, awesome support, I can't speak well enough of them.

6. Edge100 macrumors 68000

7. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish