Which plan is right for me?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Impulse29, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Impulse29 macrumors member

Apr 12, 2004
    I'll be going to America and getting my first iPhone soon... I've compared the different carriers and I think that AT&T has the best plan for me.

I'm thinking about their 450 min plan for $40, 2GB for $25 and not choosing a text plan. I have google voice and I've been using that to text for free. I would also be able to give people my google voice number and have it forward to my mobile number. However, is there a way to make my outbound calls display my google voice number?

I understand that Sprint has some deal with google voice; is it possible with them?

I've contemplated getting an unlocked iPhone and using it w/ T-Mobile and also a mobile hotspot for the internet. However this tends to be more expensive and requires me to carry around two devices.

I am a student, so if anyone knows of any special rates or plans, that would be greatly appreciated. I won't be needing it until the new year so I have some time yet. Thanks!
  2. Justim macrumors 6502

Sep 26, 2011
    I use GV as sort of a business line. All you have to go is dial out from the app and it dials a number that then redirects you to the number you actually wanted to call, I believe.

It will still use your monthly minutes though.