Which power cord for g4ibook

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Lunchbox700, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Lunchbox700 macrumors regular

My girlfriends 1.07ghz g4 Ibook's power cord broke, and we are looking for a replacement she will have a new macbook in about a month but I still want to use the ibook for a few things. I've noticed that some descriptions on ebay say that this particular book is not compatible with the cords that most of the others have. Was wondering if anyone knew which one works for sure, and maybe for the cheapest

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

The ibook and macbook have verrrrry different cords.

For the macbook you want a 60W magsafe. For the iBook you want a 45W ibook, although the 60W powerbook g4 will also work.

3. Mr$Whale macrumors member

Hey, I ran into the same problem when my iBook G4 power cord broke at the end of July. I thought I'd wait out getting a replacement since the new macbooks were rumored to be coming out soon after, but then I broke down and got a cord. Oh well, new macbooks still aren't out.

Anyways, I bought a 3rd party cord
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Z6Z6F8

Looks slightly sketchy, but it works fine for my ibook, and was the cheapest one I could find. The only major difference is that there isn't the little orange/green light where it connects, but I've gotten use to it's absence! Anyways, that's my recommendation.