Which powersupport screen protection?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Stevie04, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Stevie04 macrumors member

Hi,
    i gonna buy a new iPhone 4S and I heard that powersupport has the best screen protection for it!
    But i don't really know which screen protector! The crystal or the (HD) anti glare?
    Can you help me?

Thanks in advance!

2. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

I have used both/

Crystal if you just want protection on the screen. Looks just as good as a naked screen, but does get fingerprints and can look oily after a few uses (just like the standard screen with no protection). It will provide decent scratch protection though.

Anti glare if you want fingerprint resistance. The anti glare does dim the screen slightly but does take away the massive amount of fingerprints that accumulate on the screen on a regular basis.

If you can get used to the anti glare, that is the one to get since it also doesn't allow small pocket debris to stick to the screen. Again, it does take away from the gorgeous screen, but to me it is more practical/useful.

Just my 2 cents.

3. Stevie04 thread starter macrumors member

4. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I have the antiglare.

It does degrade the screen a bit and the brightness, but not that much. I got used to it.

In the sun it's great, and no finger prints is amazing.

The protector does have a weir feel to it.

5. mikee336 macrumors member

Trust me on this... The power support crystal had always been my favorite protector after trying both the anti glare and the crystal and some from SGP (which I initially didn't like too much). When It came time for a new protector I figured what the heck and gave the SGP Steinheil Ultra Optics (Anti Glare/Fingerprints) a shot. This is by far the best protector I've tried It doesn't degrade image quality like the anti glare from power support. It is leaps and bounds better quality. Give that one a try and you'll thank me later.

6. Stevie04 thread starter macrumors member

@mikee336
    you think I should go for SGP Steinheil? From what i have heard the powersupport are the best...

I think i will go for the powersupport crystal. Fingerprints are doesn't really matter for me.

7. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

I noticed that the newest PS shields have a separate hole for the proximity sensor. Is it necessary? Other companies do no include this hole.

BTW I still would love to see a comparison shot between the PS Anti-HD and SGP Ultra Fine. Always in questions asking abut AG screen protectors these two are the ones recommended.

8. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

Best is going to be subjective. Yes the SGP anti glare does degrade the screen slightly too. If it doesn't degrade the screen then it is either the oleophobic one or the other oddly named crystal one. SGP has a really stupid name convention in my opinion.

The anti fingerprint feels weird but it easier to slide your finger. I play a lot of games in meetings or when bored that I prefer it but it doesn't quite feel like the naked screen. The crystal ones do feel like the naked screen though.

9. echo2011 macrumors regular

I just received my PowerSupport Crystal clear protectors I ordered from the PS site, installed today and am very impressed with the ease of installation and clarity of the protector, using with an Incipio black matte NGP case and all is good so far.

10. mikee336 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

If you want crystal clear protection that looks like you've got nothing on the phone then I'd get the power support. If you want any glare then get the ultra optics.

11. TwinCitiesJHawk macrumors 6502

TwinCitiesJHawk

12. TL24 macrumors 6502a

TL24

Do yourself a favor and get the PS Crystal Clear protector, it's hands down the best screen protector I've ever used. When they say it's Crystal clear they weren't kiddin', you can't even tell it's there and it's smooth to the touch as if you were touching glass.

I'm not sure what everyone is talking about as far as the fingerprints go, I've had mine for two weeks now and there's absolutely no fingerprint problem here. Unless you're eating a pizza and then touching your phone you should be fine, a single wipe from a micro-fiber cloth does the trick every time.

You'll want to make sure you take your sweet time when applying the screen protector though, it took me 30+ minutes to get it on perfectly with ZERO dust particles and now my iPhone 4S looks PERFECT w/ added protection.

13. solo118 macrumors 65816

LOL, I hear ya there. Big deal if there are some fingerprints just wipe it off every so often.

I cant wait for my PS Crystal to come, I feel very odd lately with a naked screen!