Which prepaid plan -- AT&T or Verizon?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dacapo, Apr 21, 2011.

1. dacapo macrumors 6502

(Apologies in advance if this was covered somewhere before. I've searched but haven't found a good comparison of this on this site.)

Now that the supplies are getting a bit better with the iPad 2, I'm almost ready to take the plunge. I'm thinking of getting a prepaid plan. Which one is better in your experience? (Reception/resale potential etc are already well covered. I'm more curious about the general activation experience, pricing, usage limits, customer support, etc.)

2. poloponies macrumors 68030

For me, it's AT&T hands down. If you're going to travel outside the US at any time the AT&T will give you flexibility, versus the Verizon model. If your usage will be 100% within the US then it's not that big a deal.

3. dacapo thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. What was your activation experience like? Are you happy with the data you get for the price with the plan?

4. poloponies macrumors 68030

Activation is very simple. I had an issue when my credit card expired and had a good experience with customer service (others here have complained, but I must have gotten lucky). I used a couple GB a month at first but focus primarily on email and Internet now so it's dropped a bunch (and I have WiFi at work and at home, so 3G gets used on my train commute or in the car or while traveling).