Which prepaid to get while in the West Coast?

kylera

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
I'll be visiting the United States for about two weeks in a couple of months. I'll be stopping by LA, Portland and Seattle and I was wondering which prepaid service to go with while I'm there.

I have a GSM iPhone 4S, and some data would be nice while I'm there. Talk minutes and SMS aren't of great importance, though I will carry a calling card to call abroad a few times.

FatMax

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2007
Norway
I´m attaching myself to this post!

I bought a T-Mobile sim card in New York earlier this year and I´m going to San Fransisco, LA and Vegas in the coming two weeks.

Will this be useable there?

kylera

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul

I bought a T-Mobile sim card in New York earlier this year and I´m going to San Fransisco, LA and Vegas in the coming two weeks.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you spend for your usage?

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
In a big city, I'd say T-Mobile. If you use your phone on a regular basis you can't really find a better prepay plan.

If I wasn't in a rural area I'd jump ship from AT&T and join, and I love AT&T...you just don't get whole lot with GoPhone. :(

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere

They do recycle the numbers after a while on prepaid if you don't keep paying, AT&T is after 3 months of not using it not sure how long T-mobile lets it go, but as long as the sim is still active it should be good there. My experience with T-Mobile on the west coast is that as long as you're in a major city you are good, if you start getting out at all you lose service fast. And they are definitely better than AT&T if you want prepaid data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.