Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBP09

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
I guess this goes for anyone who took advantage of the 100$ off a printer. I got myself the Canon MX860. I got it because its the only one available in the store that is wireless. Then when reviews starts coming out, most of them were positive. I haven't un-boxed it yet though.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I got the HP Photosmart C4680. It is going to college with my daughter next month. I got it because it was free after the rebate.

txhockey9404

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2008
I got the HP Photosmart C4680 as well. I really wanted another C4280 because I already had extra ink for that, but they don't sell them anymore at the Apple stores. That said, this is one surprisingly good printer! For $100 (or free), it is very fast (it will print 1 1/3 pages in the time it took my 4280 to print 1), quieter, better looking than older HPs, has a good scanner, prints fairly good quality photos, and has a neat touch panel interface. I may be a bit biased towards HP printers, seeing as every printer I have purchased in the last 6 years has been one, but they are generally great and last YEARS. I have two C4280s that are 3 years old, and one works just as well as it did the day I bought it, and the other just died the week after I got my MBP with the C4680. I also have a C6280, which is an AWESOME network printer. It is fast (although there is a larger delay between when you send the document to the printer and when it actually prints), has one of the best aio scanners I have ever seen, is light on ink, has separate ink cartridges (six different colors, including black), prints near-lab quality photos, has nice memory card features, and has a duplexer, but it was $179 from Costco, so I don't know if Apple sells it.

That said, go for an HP. They are great printers that will last at least as long as the computer.

joehahn

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
CT
i as well go the hp C4680. HP unk in my mind has been easier to find than cannon and most other brands. IMO hp printers also are just better than canon.

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
meh apple has been having this "promo" ever since I can remember.

all of those printers are fine. (if they weren't, apple wouldn't list them).

its a printer...not that much excitement can be had.

all printers should be free, everywhere and anytime, since HP rips you off on the ink.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.