Which printer for a Mac but not for photos?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mattwrit, Jan 1, 2009.

1. mattwrit macrumors member

I'm looking for a printer that prints good documents - not interested in photo printing. Do all printers work with Macs?

What would you recommend?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Anything USB works with a Mac. This isn't 1994. Go ahead and get really anything.

3. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

Get a laser printer. Much much faster and cheaper to run than inkjet, better quality printing too.

The HP ones are great - I've had a LaserJet 1022 for years now, and it's been totally reliable.

4. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

HP are pretty good I have one and just replace my 5 year old HP printer just a little over a month ago. Great quality I'd say.

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I've had good luck with the Brother HL series.

6. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

I'd also recommend getting a good monochrome laser printer. Samsung makes some really nice high quality models, and the toner costs aren't outrageous like HP's toner costs can be.

Brother would be my second choice (as miles said, the HL-series.) The only thing with these models is that once the drum runs out (usually 20,000 pages or so), get a new printer, because the drum will cost around the same amount as a new laser printer...

7. gotzero macrumors 68040

I use the brother 2170w for black and white printing only, and I have been very happy with it. It is under $100 and extra toners are around $40.