Which printer for an Alu iMac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Tunero, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Tunero macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a multifunction printer for my iMac. It will be mainly used for school work(printing pictures and essays). I want a reliable printer that won't chew through ink too fast. My budget is around $AU100-150. I'm guessing Canon would be good?

2. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

The Canon MP610 appears to be out of your budget in Oz. I don't know if you can find it any cheaper than this:

http://www.techbuy.com.au/p/76147/Printers/Canon/MP610.asp

I initially recommended it because here in Japan you can get it now for about the equivalent of $150-$170 AUD and it is a great multifunction printer/scanner.

I own the MP960 which I love but my only complaint with it is it is slooooow to start up. They've since come out with the MP970 I'm told and cured that problem. That one I know would be over the budget you've mentioned though.

MP610 is in the top 3 multifunction printers in Japan at present and very well reviewed.

3. Tunero thread starter macrumors newbie

4. cmcbridejr macrumors 6502a

cmcbridejr

Get a Canon!

If you really need a reason why, then I'll tell you.

I am a salesman for Canon, so you can help me save my breath.

However, if you really need a reason, then I will tell you why Canon makes great products.

5. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

Got this printer Yesterday and love it wonderful quality on text or photos incredibly fast start up it's fantastic. it even looks nice. Great printer Highly recommended MP 610.

6. Tunero thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi so will the MP470 work with Leopard?

7. Chris204 macrumors regular

8. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Canon MP610 and love it. Bought it with Mac Mini and got the $100 rebate on it. Ink seems to go slow, has two black inks.

9. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

My printer! It's in my sig, i recommend you get the same model because it rocks. :D

10. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

Yeah but you waste a lot of ink with those printers because they don't have multiple color cartridges.