Which Printer is the best Epson or HP?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jenko, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Jenko macrumors regular

Hi guys I am thinking of buying a printer with my MBP to get the rebate. Any advice about which model to purchase would be great. It would not be used on a professional level just for home use. Which would you recommend:

HP Photosmart Wireless

Stunning colour printing and LCD touchscreen photo viewer

€99.95 with rebate: €19.95

or

Epson Stylus SX515W

A high-quality Wi-Fi all-in-one with LCD and memory card slots.

€119.95 with rebate: €39.95

Both are on the apple Ireland store. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Ralzy macrumors member

I've tried the HP and the wireless is pretty unreliable. Amazon reviews also report the same thing. If you don't plan on using that feature it works ok but then it would probably be better to get the one without wireless that is free after rebate.

I haven't tried that particular epson model but I have the workforce 610 and its phenomenal.

3. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

I've had pretty good luck with both brands, but have not used either model you list. I usually buy HP if the price is the same or cheaper. From my personal experience, HP ink is more expensive, but lasts longer. I think either would be OK, but personally I'd go for the HP (unless there is some compelling feature pulling you toward the Epson).