Which Printer

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Dentifrice, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Dentifrice macrumors 6502

Hello guys,

Do you have recommandation for a printer that :

- Print (surprise!)
    - Laser (don't need color)
    - Scan
    - Wireless
    - Airprint

I read a lot but I want your input in case I missed some models.
    And of course, cheaper is better (I don't need SUPER EXTRA QUALITY).

thanks !

2. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

Get what you can afford and what you need. Brother laser printers are awesome.

Look in your area craiglist to see if you can get one used. I bought one for $15 bucks and used it for 2 1/2 years before I needed a new cartridge. I loved it.

I then bought 2 wireless brother printer/scanners for $100 bucks each 200 off at Best Buy :) great deal. One for my dad and one for me.

You don't need the AirPrint but think most the new printers have them. Any way our printer is the Brother hl-2280dw. I purchased these in January or maybe late last year. They might have a newer model but seriously for $130 bucks you really can't go wrong especially if you want one that scans. The HL-2270 doesn't have the scanner. I have seen them as low as $80 bucks at CompUSA and Best Buy. I am super happy with this printer tho it was kind of annoying to set up the wireless network on it but could have been me not reading the directions. They do have a AirPrint app but I have never used it. I set up the network in my apartment and in my parents home and after 2 hours of frustration I never actually ended up using it.

Cost only $130 on amazon with Free shipping. If your local best buy has them available they will price match it.

http://www.amazon.com/Brother-Print...=1403916161&sr=8-1&keywords=brother+hl-2280dw

3. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Brother has the best laser printers, while Canon makes the best and most affordable ink jets in my opinion.

4. troy14 macrumors 6502a

Epson makes great Workforce inkjet printers that are very very easy to get refillable cartridges for. I use the WF-3540 and it is an awesome printer, with next to nothing ink refills.

5. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Epson is pretty good! I have a Canon MG5220 and a MG5320. They both use the same ink that can be found on Amazon for dirt cheap. I prefer the 5320 for the AirPrint capability though.