Which Pro is quieter and cooler ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by OSMac, Jul 31, 2011.

1. OSMac macrumors 65816

What Pro would you recommend that runs quieter and cooler ?

Current 13 or Last Gen 13 ,or maybe the 15"s are quieter with the extra room in the case ?

2. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

They all run quiet and cool.
    Its what you do which makes it runs hotter and louder.
    Generally, the Quad Core will run hotter than the dual cores. But Apple manages to keep it cool when idle and doing not intensive tasks. It will become hotter when: Flash is playing, video is playing, gaming, opening many apps at a time, many tabs in web browser, and many other reasons.

the last gen 13" would run cooler than the 2011 13" but would be less powerful.

Heat is not a problem to worry at all. People who form heat threads are just damnnnn to sensitive to heat.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm sorry but that's not true. As a general rule MBPs run on the hot side. A simple search here or google will show that MBPs tend to be hot

My C2D 13 mbp seems to hover in the mid forties (Celsius) with no load and gets over into the 70s on load with the fans ramping up

4. Rizolicious macrumors newbie

this couldn't be further from the truth.

5. Icy1007 macrumors 6502a

Icy1007

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Seems to be pretty accurate to me. My MBP runs in the upper 30s when idleand is whisper quiet. When at full load, like when running the CPU test in Cinebench, its usually in the upper 70s or lower 80s. That is not hot for these processors.