Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CSilver

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 14, 2009
Canada
Hi, I have been using iSquint then I got Snow Leopard... It has nothing to do with the transition really but was wondering what programs you guys use for your iPod Touch.

I am trying new stuff out and all with Quicktime X. Is it possible to make an output from quicktime X to fit on to the iPod Touch???

Any recommendation on the program would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Sephy.

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2009
I've been using Videora for the past year - for both my iPod classic and iPod touch and it works great. It doesn't take long for it to convert from one format to another and it gives good results. Give it a try and see how it works for you :cool:

surgedc5

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2008
Southern California
I've been using Videora for the past year - for both my iPod classic and iPod touch and it works great. It doesn't take long for it to convert from one format to another and it gives good results. Give it a try and see how it works for you :cool:

yeah give videora a try, they got software for all device types

kunal123

macrumors member
May 4, 2009
Dehradun,India
Whatever you choose make sure it is converted at 640 * 480 for best results in the zoomed mode. At 480*320 the video gets slightly blurred.

NOSintake

macrumors member
May 15, 2007
i dont have a touch quiet yet, but im building up my library now so when i get it, i can just plug it up, and go. but ive been using handbrake for all my videos, and metax for the metatags. im going to give my friend a few of my files ive converted to see how they look on his touch

damac78

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2009
Handbrake - The one and only

Hi There

Over the past two Weeks I have tested a big bundle of Video converters..
I always used the same DVD and Video Files to convert with each Software so I was able to compare the results.

Without going into to much detail;
The absolute best converting Software was Handbrake!
HandBrake is a free open-source program designed to convert MPEG video (including DVD-Video) into an MPEG-4 video file in .mp4 or .mkv containers.

HandBrake is now cross-platform, and available for Linux, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Solaris. As it is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, HandBrake is free software.

Not only is it free, it also offered the absolute best results of all.
You should know that HandBrake is not a DVD ripper.
For Mac, the best option is Fairmount paired with DVD2OneX.
For Windows, it's AnyDVD - not freeware.
(Runs in the background while working with Handbrake)
Standalone, HandBrake's about video conversion, not stripping copy protection.

I also spent some Money on 2 other Apps:

PQdvd (Only Windows) - very easy to use and outstanding picture quality!
You also do not need Anydvd to Rip DVDs as pqdvd has its own decrypter.
I still prefer Handbrake. Allthough, for those of you seeking a simple out of the box Software for converting DVD's and Videos to your iPod, this would be the best choice.

Cucu_Soft Ultimate converter Suite:
What a waste of Money... :mad:
I tryed all the options and never was able to convert a single Video or DVD without stuttering Picture or out of Sync Audio.
Not Worth a dime! Keep your hands of that product..

I have come to the conclusion in the past that Freeware often seems to be the very Best Choice.

So when your surfing the net, pull the handbrake and stop right here:
http://handbrake.fr/
:cool:

xela24678

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2010
Free video converters and DVD rippers for mac?

I have some DVDs that I want to convert to .mp4 to play on my ipod touch. What software that is out there can rip DVDs and convert them for free. By the way, I have a mac os x 10.4.11 tiger version.
Thanks.

Mako5

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2008
Hi There

Over the past two Weeks I have tested a big bundle of Video converters..
I always used the same DVD and Video Files to convert with each Software so I was able to compare the results.

Without going into to much detail;
The absolute best converting Software was Handbrake!
HandBrake is a free open-source program designed to convert MPEG video (including DVD-Video) into an MPEG-4 video file in .mp4 or .mkv containers.

HandBrake is now cross-platform, and available for Linux, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Solaris. As it is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, HandBrake is free software.

Not only is it free, it also offered the absolute best results of all.
You should know that HandBrake is not a DVD ripper.
For Mac, the best option is Fairmount paired with DVD2OneX.
For Windows, it's AnyDVD - not freeware.
(Runs in the background while working with Handbrake)
Standalone, HandBrake's about video conversion, not stripping copy protection.

I also spent some Money on 2 other Apps:

PQdvd (Only Windows) - very easy to use and outstanding picture quality!
You also do not need Anydvd to Rip DVDs as pqdvd has its own decrypter.
I still prefer Handbrake. Allthough, for those of you seeking a simple out of the box Software for converting DVD's and Videos to your iPod, this would be the best choice.

Cucu_Soft Ultimate converter Suite:
What a waste of Money... :mad:
I tryed all the options and never was able to convert a single Video or DVD without stuttering Picture or out of Sync Audio.
Not Worth a dime! Keep your hands of that product..

I have come to the conclusion in the past that Freeware often seems to be the very Best Choice.

So when your surfing the net, pull the handbrake and stop right here:
http://handbrake.fr/
:cool:

+1 I use Handbrake all the time. Great quality, easy to use, multi platform and best of all, uses all four cores to encode!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.