Which Ram model works best with MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by A.Chakery, Jul 27, 2014.

1. A.Chakery, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014

A.Chakery macrumors member

Hello,

I searched a lot first and I read some older topics regarding my problem and I really have not found a good answer ...

First let me explain about my issue :
    I have a MacBook Pro 2011, I purchased 2x4GB of Jell RAM .. but when I changed my default rams with them my MacBook started to show some strange issues like Random Resets , too many crashes in firefox or other apps ...

Now I am really worried about getting new set of RAM...

I have read lots of good feed backs about Crucial Memories working great with Apple hardware ...

Would you please tell me what would you recommend for my MacBook Pro ?

Thankyou

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

You probably only got a bad set of SO-DIMMS. It happens from time to time. There isn't really such a thing as RAM that is better for a MBP than another. If the specs are correct, and the stick isn't faulty, then it'll work and that's that.

I've had kingston, crucial, hynix, patriot and g.skill RAM in various machines and everything has performed just as it should. Buy whichever model fits the specs your machine needs and has a good return policy, should your sticks be faulty.

By the way, you should probably refer to SO-DIMMS as either.. well, SO-DIMMS or RAM sticks or RAM modules, there is no such thing as "Rams", except the animal.

3. A.Chakery thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the reply

and the point is taken :)