Which Refurb Macbook Pro to get?!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dw3bb10, Aug 24, 2012.

1. dw3bb10 macrumors 6502

Im getting straight to the point! I dont care about Ram, ill be popping in 8gb. Nor the hard drive, im throwing in an SSD. Currently, Apple has a 15inch listed from Feb 2011 for $1319 which has a 2ghz Quad i7, a HI-RES antiglare display (Assuming Matte, not Glossy, anyone know?) but has the 6490m GPU with only 256mb of video memory. They also have one listed for $40 more @ $1359 from Oct 2011, which has a 2.2ghz i7, a glossy display, and the 6750m w/ 512mb of vid memory. I was planning on getting the latter, but the Hi-Res display unit has me thinking. Should I give up GPU performance for a better screen? Im mostly doing school related stuff, basic web browsing, Tons of HD Youtube, and Starcraft 2 will be about the farthest extent I use it for gaming. Opinions?!

2. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

If you're gonna game I recommend the one with the better video cars.

I love the high res antiglare screen though. That's a tough one.

3. FuNGi macrumors 65816

FuNGi

Opt for the screen. I have the same 2Ghz one from early 2011 and love it. Check online for running the game you're interested in but I'd say it would be a smarter academic decision to have a nicer screen for work rather than GPU for play.