Which replacement screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by theironist08, Jan 26, 2010.

1. theironist08 macrumors regular

Cracked my macbook screen today, nearly cried when I saw it upon opening :( brought it into a few mac repair people today and got quotes all around 300euro.

Can't afford to fork that kind of money out at the moment. I'm gonna give it a go myself and bbuy from ebay. It's a 13" white macbook bought in 2007..
    How do I know which screen to buy?

ps I did a search for this and couldn't find exactly what I wanted, plus I wanted to make sure for myself.

2. theironist08 thread starter macrumors regular

3. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

It doesn't say which panel it is. Could be one of the uglies. I think it's best to contact an authorized Apple Service Provider.

4. theironist08 thread starter macrumors regular

yeah i did, he wouldnt give me a model number though of the screen i needed! how do i find out exactly what i need!? i wanna fix it ASAP, it's braking my heart! What do you mean "uglies"?

5. theironist08 thread starter macrumors regular

6. Kim Philby macrumors newbie

All the 13" MacBook screens should be the same. Regardless of manufacturer, they should be interchangeable.

7. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

Yes, they will be interchangeable, but the color accuracy, contrast and viewing angle differs greatly between the various screens. The original screens in the white and black MacBooks are a far cry from the new screens in the aluminium unibody MacBook Pros.

8. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Go through an Authorised Mac Retailer and ask him to get you a 00009C5F. He should know what you're talking about; if he's worth his salt.