Which rMBP should I buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by musculo102, Oct 21, 2013.

1. musculo102 macrumors newbie

Hello,
    Now that my neighbour has shown me the gorgeous screen of his new Retina Macbook Pro, I've been seriously considering buying one too as it would fit my needs perfectly. Unfortunately, I'm not completely sure whether I should buy the 13 or the 15 inch model. Which one would you recommend? The tasks which the new Macbook should perform well are surfing the web (especially my daughter who enjoys watching cat videos) and writing e-mails. Furthermore, I do a lot of computationally intensive work such as cutting video in iMovie or importing and processing holiday images from my camera.

I do however strongly lean towards the 15-inch model as my quad-core iMac I bought last year was barely able to satisfy me in terms of performance and responsiveness whilst doing his job… I'd also like to use this opportunity in order to share a suitable and fairly inexpensive sleeve I've hit upon, which would especially appeal to my daughter who would use the machine regularly (as stated above..). Thoughts?
    http://www.zazzle.com/macbook_pro_15_grumpy_cat_sleeve_macbook_sleeve-204116239597931712

Please feel free to share your thoughts; I'd appreciate any kind of recommendation or help :apple::):apple:

2. Xerotech macrumors 6502

Definitely the 15" model. :)

You said it yourself, last year's iMac model couldn't satisfy you in terms of performance. Why even think of the 13" model?

As for sleeves, check eBay you can save a ton of money off of it. It'll take quite a bit of time to ship from China though.

3. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

4. MeUnix macrumors 6502

Either model will work fine if you get the right specs.

Personally, I'd go for the 15" simply for the bigger screen size.

5. fskywalker macrumors 65816

fskywalker

13 inch for portability, 15 inch for power and bigger screen size. Went from 15 to 13 rMBP: no regrets

6. thomj macrumors member

I agree. I also did the same thing six months ago, and have no regrets. Can't lose!