Which school has the best iMac deal?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by theMaccer, May 4, 2007.

1. theMaccer macrumors 6502a

theMaccer

Hi folks,
    I am looking to purchase a iMac, and wondering which of your schools currently has the best deal. One school I know is that UCSD has 20'' iMac C2D for $1199.
    If you know a school has a better deal, please let me know.

thanks

cheers

2. Flyinace2000 macrumors 6502a

Flyinace2000

I am pretty sure that the EDU discount is the same everywhere.

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

The only one that matters is the one that you go to since that is where you are allowed to buy from, and if you are just going to be starting in college it is not a good idea to chose based on the best iMac deal.

4. emozolik macrumors newbie

Same

I know for sure they are all the same. I am on staff at one University in Wisconsin (Concordia University) and my wife attends UW-Milwaukee. Same discount for everyone.

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

why does it matter? you have to buy from the school you go to. if you are going to try your luck and get the edu discount without being a student or whatever you deserve to get caught as they do follow up on edu purchases

there is a reason why students get a discount......

6. esaleris macrumors 6502

LOL was thinking the same thing...

7. fairnymph macrumors 6502

fairnymph

Any school in NH or NV. Or other state without sales tax. The educational discount is otherwise the same for all schools (~10%).

8. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

not true. some schools give much steeper discounts if you buy from the campus bookstore. if you buy online, then yes, they are all the same.

9. shu82 macrumors 6502a

shu82

When I got my mini, I just said, "don't forget the education discount". The mini was my graduation present. I didn't even tell them a school. I was already out. All you have to do is mention it.

10. T-Stex macrumors 6502

I believe that you can legally use the education discount for up to 6 months after you graduate. However, if you're out of the period for which the discount is still good, I don't really believe in taking advantage of a discount that wasn't made for you.

11. shu82 macrumors 6502a

shu82

That makes sense, the owner knew my family and knew it was a graduation present. But, there is always one person in a family going to school. Unless you are using it professionally, I see no reason why not to take it.

12. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

Online or at an Apple Store they're the same discounts everywhere (as far as I know). However, in person in the school computer stores, they WILL drop down in price, and they'll also do closeout prices sometimes that are even better.