which screen has had more problems matte or glossy for MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ipaqman, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Ipaqman macrumors 6502

hey,

so i am really trying to decide which screen to go with for my MBP 2.4. i will be using this laptop in college and wanted to know which screen has had more problems (matte or glossy).

thanks,
    ipaqman

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

Problems? I don't think that either one is problematic, it's a matter of personal choice...

3. MAW macrumors regular

4. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

As far as I am aware, the matte screens have no problems and the glossy have no problems. The yellowing issue I think is disappearing (can somebody confirm this?)

5. Ipaqman thread starter macrumors 6502

yes i was referring to the yellowing issue. is the glossy screen more prone?

6. Jvhowube macrumors member

i was in your position last year, choosing between matte and glossy. people said glossy made your eyes strain, matte was easier to look at, etc etc. and i looked way too far into it. I ended up going with what i loved most (look-wise) - the glossy - and i've never looked back. glossy is the best. go with the one you think looks best!

7. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Glossy all the way, I had a slight problem with yelow tint but was fixed with a new profile :)

8. mag2001 macrumors 6502

I had a Glossy SR mbp with a yellowish screen and now have a perfect Matte SR mbp.
    Glossy was a Samsung
    Matte is a LG