Which screen protector for the iPhone 5 has the most precise fit?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by docprego, Oct 24, 2012.

1. docprego macrumors 65816

I'd like to find a screen protector that literally covers every mm of the glass. Ideally what I'm looking for are no gaps discernible between where the protector ends and the surrounding bezel begins. I also prefer the sensors and camera to be covered but realize the ear speaker can not be.

I've tried SGP and Green Onions so far. SGP is a much better fit than Green Onions but I'm looking for as close to perfect as possible. What has been your experience regarding precise fit?

2. charlesdayton, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012

charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

AFAIK the only screen protectors that does cover the front cam are Green Onions Supply. I find both Green Onions and SGP have a great accurate cuts. The others I have tried are less accurate (Power Support, Switcheasy, etc.). My recommendation is you stick with either as you find other even less precise.

3. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

MediaDevil

They are by far the most precise fitting screen shield I have found, and they very good. The proximity sensor is covered but the front camera is not.

You really can't tell it's on there. In fact it's so precise its quite tricky to get it on. I'm pretty good at applying them, but I messed up the first one. Luckily there is two in the pack and I got the second on perfectly.

4. barryst macrumors regular

I'm cheap. I don't like paying $15-20 for one or two screen protectors (especially when there's always the possibility of ruining both during installation)

has anyone found any cheap 3-packs on ebay or anywhere that provide good clarity and coverage? I bought some from Exim, but it annoyingly doesn't cover all around the home button (leaves a gap on the bottom).

5. Ernest22 macrumors newbie

They are by far the most accurate suitable display protect I have found, and they very good. The vicinity indicator is protected but the top side hotographic camera is not.

6. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

What?

7. TheRocketmac macrumors member

TheRocketmac

I bought the 3-pack at Verizon Wireless. Was $14.95 less a discount from my employer. Seems to work well enough for me, I had actually forgotten that it's on.

8. dbo43867 macrumors member

Yes, I have one and it is very nice! They are much more scratch resistant than the SGP one I had on my 5 as well.

The cuts are very accurate.