Which screen protector not to buy!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Jusfer, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Jusfer macrumors member

I just installed a front and back protector that I got from ebay. I definitely, absolutely got what I paid for: crap.

The product is called SCREEN GUARD Professional, "The greatest guard for LCD screen".

They promise :fingerprint free, protection in original colors.

Both those claims are a lie. Fingerprints show instantly and are HARD to remove, the front (matte) film causes the pixels to flurry. The result is worse than a dummy prototype of the first generation iPhone.

The best feature of it is that I only lost $1.99, including shipping from Hong Kong. Needless to say that I am not returning it. Honest feedback is due.

Why am I posting this?

A. to dispel the myth that those cheap protectors from ebay are good (at least mine is not)

B. to point out that, just because someone explicitly promises something, it doesn't have to be true.

ETA: I even got two sets for that price, so one set is available. I'm selling it for $5.99 plus shipping. ;)

2. psyduckiee macrumors regular

My eBay screen protectors work great. No complaints. As for your comment about matte screen protectors, all matte screen protectors will distort the quality of the display. It's really a tradeoff between matte and crystal clear screen protectors. Matte prevents SOME fingerprints but reduces screen clarity while crystal clear hardly does anything to the display but has a lot of fingerprints.

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Yeh, I've bought that generic brand on ebay before. You definitely get what you pay for...

And at $1.99, you didn't get a great deal either! There are a lot of sellers where you can get two at that price, and they ship from the US too.

4. topjeson macrumors newbie

topjeson

Best Screen Protector

Dear Sirs,

Brief : We are a leading manufacturer specializing in producing and exporting screen protector for iPhone,iPad, iPod and other digital products.Our screen protector is divided into 3 kinds like clear,anti-glare and mirror screen protector.We have been in this line for 5 years and we have abundant experiences in the Quality Control then our goods did are good in quality and daily producttion can be up to 50000pcs.

I am Katy from Topjeson.First,let me introduce our products briefly.We use three layer's material .Its euphotic rate reaches more than 90%, hardness reaches over 3H , which can be very good to protect LCD surface from damaged . It is feel of beauty and security.And we have our own die-cutting machine that we could design the accurate sizes to fit your devices upon receipt your blueprint drawing of the models.

We could offer you best factory price for any models like iphone,ipad or ipod etc.www.topjeson.cn is our website in alibaba. You may visit it to find what you need.

Thank you for taking your busy work off reading my mail. We do hope we could do longterm business with you and look forward to your prompt reply.

Yours sincerely,
    Katy Xu
    Shenzhen Topjeson Technology Co.,Ltd
    Tel:86-755-81706355
    Fax:86-755-33259661
    Mobile:86-13610039470
    MSN:pingguomeng@hotmail.com
    Email:katy@topjeson.cn
    TradeManager:topjeson
    Add: Floor1,Building A14,Qinghu industrial park,Longhua town,Baoan district,Shenzhen,China

5. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

welcome to the internet.

not everyone is so naive, but it seems you've learned your lesson. thank you for assuming we're just as naive and doing your part to help save us from ourselves.

6. topjeson macrumors newbie

topjeson

Why do you think so?

I never think like so.I never take you as naive.
    If you do not want to do so,it is your choice.
    No one would force you to do it.