Which Search Engine to use?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by entropyfl, Nov 23, 2015.

1. entropyfl macrumors regular

Hi Guys,

I've been getting a pop when i search on Google saying to accept their terms and conditions. Which basically says I accept that they use my cookies and IP address.

Below is is one of the bits i've copied and pasted.

I don't really want to accept it because I just don't like the sounds of their terms and conditions. Granted if read Apples or anyone else i probably wouldn't like theirs either but the Google thing keeps popping up.

So my question is which is the next best alternative search engine from google? which is the safest option as well i.e. one that doesn't track like Google.

"Data we process when you use Google
    When you search for a restaurant on Google Maps or watch a video on YouTube, for example, we process information about that activity – including information like the video you watched, device IDs, IP addresses, cookie data and location.
    We also process the kind of information described above when you use apps or sites that use Google services like ads, Analytics and the YouTube video player."

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

All the major search engines log the same unless you use something like DuckDuckGo

3. Farsider macrumors 6502

Farsider

DuckDuckGo is a good alternative to Google and it can be configured as a Default Search Engine in El Cap.

You can even configure it to look like Google (Blue and Purple hyperlinks) if needs be.

4. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

I recommend DuckDuckGo. They don't track your stuff.

5. JamesMike macrumors demi-god

JamesMike

I too recommend it, it works well.

6. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Never heard of DuckDuckGo before. I use Yahoo! to prevent Google from taking over the entire world. Yahoo! tracks everything too, eh?

7. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Yahoo Search is just a re-skinned Bing Search. At the moment at least. Talk of them reaching a deal with Google once circulated.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahoo!_Search