Which Security Lock is Best for New MacBook Pro 2010 model?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mrgiapanta, Apr 27, 2010.

1. mrgiapanta macrumors regular

I can't decide which Security Lock will be best for my MacBook Pro.
    Threads here about the lock on this forum is outdated with not much info.
    I did some research on Amazon. Looks like Kensington is popular brand, but read couple reviews that it's T structure locks can ruin MacBook Pro.

Do you have any Security Lock you can recommend me?
    More specific the better. Thank you.

2. paintballswimgu macrumors 6502

i have one of the kingston secerity locks, its hasn't hurt my mbp at all. I also got one that has a key instead of a combo. I heard the ones with the combo tend to change combinations on their own occasionally. So i went with a key

3. TxMacAddict macrumors 6502

Where do you use these locks? I was trying to think of the scenario where i would use one to justify a purchase I just can't see myself actually locking my computer up. Sounds like a good accessory but..

4. a4209797 macrumors member

i've had the kensington combo lock for around 5 years and it has not changed. where did you hear that?

5. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Libraries, College (especially if you're in a bad neighborhood), coffee shops, dorm rooms, presentations, basically anywhere you want to leave your computer for a minute in a non-trusted environment.

6. gcdrwhom macrumors member

I have the Targus DefconCL, and the catch that goes into the security slot is a little too big to fit. Not something I want to force in. So time for a new lock.

And I lock mine because I work in a semi-open office/lab environment and laptops have a bad habit of disappearing.

7. m85476585 macrumors 65816

I made my own. I no longer need it, and I'm willing to give it away for just the cost of shipping.

It was designed for my multibody 15" MBP, but it should fit newer 15" unibody MBPs as long as the dimensions haven't changed.

Attached Files:

8. Viktor Vaughn macrumors newbie

I am interested as well. One the will fit the 2010 MBP.

Bump