Which Serial Number have better New iPad Screens ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by augustya, Aug 14, 2012.

1. augustya, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2012

augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

Hi Guys,

With the Screen Tint issue with the New iPad that was so Rampant till some days back. (Maybe is even now) I just wanted to know from anyone here who has delved deep in to this and done bit of your own research on the New iPad screens like which factory unit “DY”, “DM” (Serial Numbers) is giving more uniform screens. I have had an experience of buying a “DY” Screen which was perfect in all sense except for, it had a slight greenish tint in the bottom corner when you hold the iPad in vertical way. But the whites were preety good like, Snow whites !

I am not in the U.S and in my country looks like the current lot of the New iPad screens that has landed is all “DM” units anybody here who has had the experience of buying, keeping, exchanging of both these serial number New iPad’s “DY”, “DM” Units, which one of the two looks more uniform, which one has more brighter whites. I sold my earlier iPad and wanna give a go by buying again but don’t know if I buy this one which has a serial number starting with “DM” will it be as good as the “DY” or even better than that. Of course with no tints, whites being pure snow whites !

Should I be at all going for "DM" Serial's of the New iPad ?

Thanks !

2. jimHdk macrumors regular

The DY, DM, etc. hypotheses are just a bunch of baloney.

3. VFC macrumors 6502a

I bought my iPad from MicroCenter three months after it was released. I told them I would only buy one if they pulled a DY prefix from their stock. The unit was perfect. It had none of the ten problems reported on the various forums.

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Odds are, the one that you don't have will have the better screen. :D

5. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

Ok ! And did you then also keep any update on how are the "DM" screens turning out to be ?