Which SGP screen protector to get? (iPhone 4)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by California King, Jul 3, 2010.

1. California King macrumors 65816

There's about 6 or 7 screen protectors from SGP and I honestly don't know which one I should get. I want something thin and glossy (non-matte). The "Ultra Oleophobic" one looks good, but what's the difference between that and the "Ultra Crystal?" One says "remarkable screen clarity" and the other says "excellent screen clarity"...lol

http://www.sgpstore.com/product_info.php/products_id/1451

2. truciet macrumors 6502

i got the oleophobic for the front and the EX crystal for the back and side protection. I just won't use the front EX since I'll have the oleophobic on the front.

3. California King thread starter macrumors 65816

Have you received it yet?

4. truciet macrumors 6502

not yet. it comes in Tuesday...i will definitely post pictures of it with the bumper on it too.

5. apple.pseudofan macrumors regular

I was in the same boat. Then I ordered the ex crystal clear. I just emailed them asking to cancel my order due to multiple reports of people stating that they couldn't get the area around the home button and earpiece to stick down. All this after researching as much as I could between Bodyguardz, SGP, bestSkinsEver, Zagg, PS to determine the best option. Ahhhhhh!!

6. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

Ordered the oliophobic yesterday. Excited to get it!

7. zelaya macrumors 6502

I'm on the same boat in regards to the ultra crystal. Have someone install theirs? if so can you give me your feedback. I also ordered the clear-coat full body last week which I haven't receive yet.

8. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

I've had my oleophobic screen protector for over a week now....and no iPhone. :(

9. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

can anyone tell me if either the oleophobic or crystal protctor is static cling like power support, or is it an adhesive like invisibleshield?

10. sammy2066 macrumors 6502a

11. glen e macrumors 68030

I have the crystal on the front - very nice - completely dry application, stuck perfectly - even with a bumper - looking for the same on the back....the key is prep - Windex/degrease the surface good before you start...

12. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

is it static cling or adhesive???

13. zelaya macrumors 6502

Thanks for your input. I think they sell the kit for the front and back which is this http://www.sgpstore.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_28_89/products_id/1461

14. pikkashoe macrumors regular

I went with the Ultra Crystal EX.

Ive installed these things a million times. and even after going thru both the included protectors that came in the package, I couldnt get the area around the home button to stick.

I did everything that is recommended when installing these things. I clear on the screen, compressed air, and did it in a steamy bathroom to lessen the risk of getting dust under the protector.

Both the ear phone and home button have issues. For now I am going to keep it, it was only $11.99, and then when the power support protectors come out, I will order that one.

See pictures below. PS it did this before I put the Belkin Grip Vue case on. No matter what I tried it wouldnt adhere correctly. I even tried taking it off and reapplying but still no luck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It almost looks like when they made the cut outs for the home button and ear phone, they distorted the plastic, and thats why it wont adhere. U can clearly see a line around the ear phone area.

15. zelaya macrumors 6502

Have you seen a different with flash and the camera for front and back.

16. pikkashoe macrumors regular

I only installed the screen protector, I didnt get a steinheil for the back.
    As for the front camera, it does not affect the quality at all. Its perfect.

17. glen e macrumors 68030

I'm not as picky as some of you..this is fine with me:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

Static cling like PS.

19. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

Hmm yeah, I don't know where pikkashoe went wrong with his. What's the **** all over your phone though in the second photo? Is that dust or bubbles? ahah

20. katze macrumors newbie

I got the Zagg. Looks great! you can barely tell and the cuts were perfect!

21. glen e macrumors 68030

dust from flash and macro on my digicam..it's completely clean with naked eye

22. pikkashoe macrumors regular

Glen-e, yours came out much better than mine. I consider yours perfect.

Mine wont stick to the glass around the home button and the ear phone.
    Maybe I got a defective set. Mine is centered perfectly but it still doesnt adhere.

Im just going to wait until the power support films become available.

Im not the only one that has had this issue, alot of people in the steinheil thread complain of the same thing.

23. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

Have you tried contacting them for a replacement?

24. pikkashoe macrumors regular

25. frozencarbonite macrumors 6502

frozencarbonite

I was looking for a phone number on there website. I wanted to order by phone. It bothers me that when I go to the order page, my browser tells me that half the page is unencrypted (see attached image). I just don't like that.

Attached Files: