Which should I buy ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Raist14, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Raist14 macrumors newbie

I can't decide on which MacBook to get

I was thinking Mac book pro 15' or MacBook air..

I want to be able to play games such as the new star wars mmo that's bout to come out and things like that and still have room on the comp for school related stuff I'm going to need going into college... Would the air be able to do this? Or no?

2. sleinad macrumors member

Buy the Macbook Pro. Macbook Air won't be able to play games properly, however if you can get past the whole playing games thing, I would go for the Macbook air. I absolutely love the lightness of it, because you will have to carry it quite a bit, and at the end of the day it is so much nicer to carry the Macbook air than a Macbook Pro. (This is just my opinion about it) I personally have a Macbook Pro 13. For me it is the perfect screen size and the specs met my needs at the time.

3. ebolamonkey3 macrumors regular

ebolamonkey3

I'd go for the Air as well if you don't have to play games. Personally, for the price of a specc'd out MBP 15, you can get a MBA and an iMac, which is what I would do.

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

It largely depends on what you really want - power or portability. For college, the MBA will be great, as it is so light, very easy to carry to class and elsewhere; the screen of the 13" is very good, too.

However, for games, the MBA is not really the computer to use; here, the MBP would be better. However, you will notice the weight of the MBP; it is noticeably heavier than the MBA.

Ebolamonkey3 has made a good suggestion - get an Air and an iMac.

Cheers

5. Young Spade macrumors 68020

What hours of life do you get out of the thing on a normal day? I need something that will last the entire day; it's either a Pro or Air, preferably an air.

6. rainman748 macrumors newbie

I bought a 2011 15" MBP and am now trying to sell it so I can buy an iMac and an 11" Air. I mainly use it for browsing and for gaming.