Which should I choose?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mxelre, Jun 11, 2008.

1. mxelre macrumors member

mxelre

Im buying a MBP pro in august and I'm getting the 16GB ipod touch with it. I currently own a cellphone and the contract finishes in june 2009. I was wondering if I could sell the ipod touch once I get it and buy an iphone and activate it once my contract will be done? Can it be done or I MUST absolutely sign a contract to get the 3G iphone?

Thx

2. illidian macrumors 6502

My understanding is you cannot wait twelve months.

The longest I've seen is within thirty days, or face a penalty, and much of the information also points to mandatory in-store activation.

3. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

What carrier are you currently using for you cell phone? And as illidian has said, you will now have to activate it within 30 days of purchase or face penalties, and will have to activate it in store. But I am sure that both Apple and AT&T will clarify this within the next week so people can work out their numbers and such. But if you have no intention of using the iPod touch, then simply take the free 8GB, sell it on eBay, Amazon, Craigslist, or here at the MarketPlace (once you have a sufficient number of posts as the policy for MarketPlace postings is changing July 1st). Be sure to think your intentions out clearly before doing anything, as you don't want to have to face any penalties from AT&T for holding an inactivated iPhone for over 30 days. But I would wait until we get the details from AT&T clarified before you do anything.