Which should I get?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Xemi, May 27, 2010.

1. Xemi macrumors newbie

Basically within the next few days I'm going to be purchasing a MBP as part of the Back to School offer so I get £130 off of an iPod. I want an iPod touch but not sure of which one to get?

Whats the major differences between the 8gb 2nd generation and the 32gb 3rd generation other than capacity?

Is it worth spending an extra £100 to get the third gen one or just stick to the second which is pretty much free with the BTS offer?

Also I'm not that fussed about the capacity as I'm probably only going to be using it for around 4 months as when my phone contract runs out I'm planning on getting the new iPhone so will be giving the iPod to my GF.

Just wondering what people actually think between the two and which tbh is the most cost effective/worth having etc.

Thanks =]

2. $MacUser$ macrumors 6502

The 32 and 64 GB models have a faster processor, OpenGL support, and a few other more minor benefits over the 8 GB. What this means from a practical standpoint is that the 32 or 64 will load faster, run web pages faster, run/load games faster, and--in some instances--will have better graphics.

I'm in the same situation as you. It's difficult for me to decide whether or not I want to spend the extra hundred on the above features, but with the addition of added storage capacity, it seems worth it.

...but I dunno. I hope some others chime in on this and push me one way or other. In the mean time, here's a detailed video and review that goes over the differences:

3rd Gen iPod Touch Review

And a notable quote that sums it up:

3. bigbren47 macrumors newbie

glad I went for the 32gb this week with the BTS offer

4. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...8 Gb is just too small, I have a 3rd Gen Nano video and a 5th Gen nano video and they are both 8 Gb but I got them both brand new for $23 and $45 dollars respectively as they were displayed miss marked in the case at the store, steal of a deal for each unit though...they are too small and they are just nano's and don't have all the functionality of the iPod touch... my 16 Gb 1st gen iPod touch is also too small when wanting to travel with more than a few movies, music, etc... I'd go for the 64 Gb model as you already get a good discount with the BTS promo!

5. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

GF will probably like the present! :D