Which site doesnt apply Tax?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by telepati, Mar 25, 2009.

1. telepati macrumors regular

telepati

Im looking many site for iMac but many sites apply to total price add Tax. I found only Amazon doesnt apply Tax. Anyone knows which site doesnt apply Tax? Thank you all...

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

That's it I'm afraid. I only know of Amazon to not charge you tax.

3. mdgolom macrumors 6502

For the most part, companies that don't have a physical location in your state won't charge you tax. Since Apple has stores in just about all states, they're going to charge you tax. I know New York is starting to force Amazon to collect tax for orders going to NY.

Since I live in Maryland, I've been know to drive to Delaware to buy Macs since there is no sales tax there.

4. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

5. SecondDealer macrumors regular

Amazon charges no tax here in Massachusetts. Every year we have a "tax free weekend" that the governor puts in place to stimulate the local economy, I bought my MBP last year on that weekend and saved over $100. Also just over the border from me is tax free New Hampshire.

6. Nasty Roo macrumors member

Amazon also charges tax in Washington. Go to macconnection, they don't charge tax and free shipping

7. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

This is correct.

OP, you just need to find a site that has no physical presence in your state; they won't charge you tax.

8. bkarabel macrumors member