iPad mini Which size iPad do you use with your MacBook?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JerTheGeek, Sep 21, 2014.

?

Which size iPad do you use with your MacBook?

1. iPad mini

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. Full-size iPad

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. JerTheGeek, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014

JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

I have been doing a lot of thinking regarding Apple devices today and after much back and forth and tons of changing my mind, I've decided to keep my iPad mini and go with a used/refurb 5C for my bday in December. All I really want in a new iPhone is the missing iOS 8 features and Apple Watch compatibility. And the 5C will provide that awesomely!
    Anyway, this brings me back to appreciating my iPad mini again. Sure, I dont use it all that much, but when I do, it is absolutely awesome for what I want to do with it. Isn't the mini the absolute perfect device to go along with a MacBook Air and an iPhone? I think the iPad Air is more of a laptop replacement device, the tablet people buy when they want to replace their laptop, or maybe even a Mac replacement. The Mini is perfect. A super-comfortable form factor when I don't want to use my Mac, yet still large enough to be more immersive than my iPhone. Anyone else think this about the mini or use theirs along with a MBAir and iPhone? Which size do you use along with a MacBook?

2. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

While different people have different preferences, and nothing is perfect for everyone, I will say the iphone-5s/ipad-mini/macbook-air combination is perfect for me. The mini is just barely large enough to display pdf documents comfortably for me, yet just barely small enough to slip into my suit jacket pocket with ease, making it on a practical level almost as portable as my phone. And with the mini for anything where screen size is important, I have no need of a large phone; I'd rather have something compact and easy to handle. And then I have the macbook air for using Latex and other programs that require something like OS X. The only way I can think to improve the situation is to get my mini to behave like a phone, so I'd have one less device to carry around. But I've been too lazy to try to do that, plus if I did I'd still probably want to carry a separate ear piece of some sort, so it might not save me that much clutter after all.

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I'm more of an iPad Mini, iPhone, and desktop kinda person (OK, I use my MacBook Pro in clamshell mode, hehe). You have to go big on at least one! :D

4. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

15" rMBP, iPad Air, and I plan to get an iPhone 6+ later. Why? I like full size display to work on or watch movies when I leave my rMBP at home. :apple: