Which size is better for me?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by alanderp, Dec 2, 2018.

1. alanderp macrumors regular

alanderp

Hey all!

I've been rocking the 40mm SBSS for about 2 weeks now and just swapped it for a 44mm SBSS just to try out for another 2 weeks before making my final decision. Which fits my wrist better? I definitely notice the weight difference in the 44mm so that's something else I have to consider.

Mahalo

44mm: https://imgur.com/a/ETgu9FI

40mm: https://imgur.com/a/TUsU2DH

2. techno-Zen macrumors 6502a

techno-Zen

3. Jessica08 macrumors 6502

Jessica08

4. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

44 looks a bit big compared to your wrist but if you’re into bigger dial then it’s fine.

5. dojoman macrumors 65816

Looks like we have similar wrist I went from 44 to 40. Watch feels much better on my hand with 40 and if you wear sports band with 44mm it looks too big.

6. sean000 macrumors 68000

sean000

Ultimately it comes down to which one is more comfortable to wear. If you can't tell a big difference comfort-wise (other than the weight), then go with what you think looks best. There is no wrong answer here unless one is more comfortable than the other. If you want a personal opinion mine would be the 40mm, but I'm a "smaller is better" person when it comes to watches.

7. itsmemuffins macrumors 68040

itsmemuffins

Which one feels better to wear? I had a 40mm and it wasn’t comfortable for me. I was stuck between two holes and if I went for the looser option it wanted to twist around to my wrist knuckle.

I sent it back and got the 44mm. Should be with me in a couple of days. Hopefully it will wear more comfortably.

8. Volusia macrumors 6502

Volusia

The one that you prefer not a group of people who don't know you....

9. nutmac macrumors 601

Watch size is subjective and personal.

Speaking purely for myself, a decent amount of the wristbands should be on the same side as the watch face, sort of like classic Macintosh OS watch cursor.
    [​IMG]

To me, the watch looks too big if little or no wristbands is on the same side as the watch face, as OP's 44mm picture suggests.

10. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

11. chino-rican macrumors regular

chino-rican

If you ever do decide to go back to the 40mm, I would recommend trying the Loops (Sport or Milanese) since they offer a lot more adjustability and you don't have to choose between holes. I think that the Sport Loop is especially comfortable and breathable. Now I find the Sport Band relatively uncomfortable, particularly during workouts.

12. itsmemuffins macrumors 68040

itsmemuffins

Definitely don’t like the sports loop. Just not my style.

I did try a Milanese loop with the 40mm. Same thing. If I had it strap loose enough that it was comfortable it would start turning around to rest on my wrist bone.

13. bchery21 macrumors 6502a

bchery21

The 40mm definitely appears to fit better on your wrist; angles are different so I can't really tell. Personally, I've ordered the 40mm for myself. I prefer the smaller form factor over the 44mm and the larger screen over the 42mm S3.

14. staggerlee41 macrumors 6502a

staggerlee41

I really can't compare the two photos because the angles are different and skewing the comparison of "size" between the two. We're talking about 4mm here, which really isn't that much real estate. Ultimately, you should look at both on your wrist, consider the amount of display you're comfortable with, consider what's most comfortable to you and go for that one.

15. dcpmark macrumors 6502a

Yikes......is that how you normally wear watches, up on your ulna?? Have you tried wearing a watch at the narrowest part of your wrist? They will sit better, function better, and, IMHO, look better.