Which size leather loop band to buy?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by hokiemas, May 31, 2015.

1. hokiemas macrumors member

I've got a watch that should be delivered later this month. I'm in Mexico now, but I'll be in the States to take possession in July. Anyway, I really like the leather loop band, but I can't try any on becuase the watch isn't for sale here yet. I've measured my wrist, and it's 17 cm around (170mm?). So, I'm thinking that I should be fine with the medium which fits up to 185 mm. Does that sound right?

My friend thought that would leave very little space for a loose fit, but this watch is supposed to fit snug against the wrist anyway for the heart rate sensors, right? I'm just worried that the large would have me wrapping the loop around to it's limit and still being a little loose since the snuggest it can get is 180 mm.

I can try one on when I get to the States in July, but I'm worried about bands being in stock since I'm only there for a few days.

Does anyone have this band? Would the medium be okay with my size wrist assuming the fit should be snug? Thanks in advance.

2. PTVMan macrumors 6502a

I think the medium size should be just fine. The larger may have to much left over.

3. MacJones macrumors 6502

The large leather loop is huge. My wrist is about 180mm and the large wrapped all the way around and covered the screen. The medium was perfect on me.

4. slesherinyork macrumors member

I had the large based on their sizing chart but the end of the loop was almost to the edge of the watch when worn... I swapped for a medium and seemed a better fit...

5. hokiemas thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the insight folks. That is what I was thinking. I was between I didn't want the strap to end up touching the screen because it's way too big and I don't want the strap to just barely be able to go through the loop because the band is too small. I now know that I should order the medium band. I've also got a milanese band on order, and my watch comes with the classic buckle. I just really want the leather loop and had been hesitant to order due to the sizing doubts.

Thanks again!

6. scho047 macrumors newbie

Hi there, with the medium band what is the amount of leftover strap you get to hold it tight? The reason for asking is that my wrist is also about 180mm and am contemplating whether to get a Large or Medium. If you have a photo of your watch on your wrist with the leather loop, it would be greatly appreciated! :D

7. julianblack macrumors newbie

My wrist is 183 mm but I'm retiring my large leather loop for a medium one as I've wrapped the two ends of the large loop around my wrist and have decided also that the end would be, at best, close to the face of the Apple Watch. All this before I actually receive my 42 mm Space Grey Sports. Now that's another story -/;

8. julianblack macrumors newbie

9. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

I see. I have the AW Sport and the chart says the S/M band could be applied to my 155 mm wrist. In reality it looks better with the M/L band. Ofc, it's not really an issue with the sportsband b/c both band sizes are in the package.

Your best bet is always to have a try-on appointment before you order/buy a band, I guess.

10. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

My wrist is 190mm, I thought the L would be the correct size. I went to try them both on, and the L was HUGE. Way too big. The M fit nice with still a bit to spare. My local store should have them in stock, so will pick one up tomorrow.

11. Packfan99 macrumors member

Packfan99

I've got the large portion of the sport band and also got the medium loop. I have a good 2 inches hanging over.

12. redman042 macrumors 68020

190 mm wrist here. Using large and happy with it. Strap ends about three "ridges" from watch body at its tightest and farther down when I loosen it or move it back on my arm a bit. I want a secure fit and a little more overlap is good for that. A few people have caught the end of their strap on a door and had the watch come off and impact the ground. At least one of them showed that their strap ended underneath the wrist. Not much overlap.

13. scho047 macrumors newbie

I have been to Apple store and tried on the bands (both Large and Medium) - I have 180 - 182mm wrist depending on how tight I decide to wear the band. The verdict is that Large is too large and it actually goes past the watch itself (overlaps). Medium will give me about just over 1/3 of the band exposed... if you get what I mean.... (so from the point where it goes through the loop, the band is long enough to cover just shy of about 2/3 and more than 1/2 of the band). I will definitely be getting one... but the question is now - which colour..!!!
    I will be getting my Space Grey AWS tomorrow/the next day after.... and am torn between Black and Blue. Blue looks so HOT with Space Grey... but does stand out more than the stealth look of all Black..... any thoughts? :D

14. MaulRx Suspended

They ship immediately so buy both and return one you don't like.

15. Packfan99 macrumors member

Packfan99

I've got the Space grey and have been trying out the Blue Loop. I'm probably going to be trading it in for the black. It looks good, but I like the sleek look of the all black.

16. Dub1ous macrumors regular

Dub1ous

Your wrist is about the size mine is, and I just tried the leather loop on a few days ago. I'm a medium, as large left way too much wrapping back around.

17. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

You can buy the medium with confidence. My wrist is 175mm and the medium fits great. I tried the large in-store and it was definitely too big.

18. hokiemas thread starter macrumors member

With regards to the blue or black debate, I finally ordered the blue. I already have the black classic buckle, and the blue to me just looks sharp. I can switch out the loop for the classic buckle if I want black, but I have a feeling the loop is going to be my go to band.

19. Dub1ous macrumors regular

Dub1ous

Once my leather loop arrives today, I'll have those exact two (plus a sport) and followed the same thought process when choosing the color. :)