Which sleeve/bag to buy for my MacBook ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by CooLiSH, Aug 10, 2007.

1. CooLiSH macrumors member

Hey All ..
    I want to buy a nice & good sleeve/bag for my MacBook, something with a shoulder and hand strap..

I found these by Brenthaven:
    http://www.amazon.com/Brenthaven-Ed...6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1186776626&sr=1-9

Or Tucano

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_e...h-alias=electronics&field-keywords=WO-MB133-I

Or

http://www.drbott.com/prod/db.lasso?code=7596-SSTL

Or

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=9EC214BC&nplm=TJ700LL/A

The last one from Apple is the most one i like, but i think that some of you might got a similar one to it but cheaper. Who ever did please let me know from where.

But in general, which do you think is better ?
    and if any of you have any other suggestions, please DO !

:)

2. CooLiSH thread starter macrumors member

3. danny_w macrumors 601

I have the last one in orange and I love it. Very compact and light, mostly just a sleeve but with extra pockets for your power adapter and a few disks (maybe a very small mouse too in a pinch).

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Probably not much difference in them all, but I have a hard time buying things without touching and feeling them myself.

Most of it will be personal preference on your part... color, texture, etc.

Unless you are looking for specific features.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

5. danny_w macrumors 601

The Apple store that I went to had all but the Tucano case. The Brenthaven is for sure the most protective, but there is no room for anything else and it adds quite a lot of weight. The Marware material feels really cheesy (to me).

6. aethelbert macrumors 601

I have the incase nylon sleeve (grey) and I love it. It's a very compact case/sleeve but the pockets are very deep. And if you have a full size laptop case, the sleeve fits into there nicely.

7. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I use a Marware Sportfolio

I have This one in the MacBook Pro format. and I really like it. It fits well into my Sling.

It's good and thick and has extra fabric to protect the computer from the zipper.

8. byakuya macrumors 6502a

byakuya

I have the Tucano Second Skin and am very pleased. It's a decent sleeve and it allows me to use my old favorite shoulder bags that aren't laptop bags without my Macbook getting scratched. For more details about how I feel about the sleeve: click here!

hope I was of help

byakuya

9. CooLiSH thread starter macrumors member

Hi All ..
    Thanks a lot for all your replies.

What i am looking for is a good sleeve with pockets for my power adapter and such.

So i guess that the Nylon & the Tucano are the best choices

:)

10. drewpace macrumors newbie

i have the original applesac and i think it's great. my 15 mbp fits very snug and the power adapter fits in the front pocket. it looks way better than other ones too. i recommend it. www.applesac.com

11. in-ten-city macrumors member

i was also just looking for a good sleeve and have looked into nearly every case/sleeve on the market and after closely analyzing and comparing materials/functionality of all of them i have come to the conclusion that the best case currently available on the market for the macbook pro is the moshi codex 15. it has gotten rave reviews all over and i havent read or seen a single thing wrong with it. its super sleek, made of the newest anti-shock protective materials, has a removable carrying handle and even includes a keyboard protector and attachable case for the apple remote. good luck!

12. swampfox macrumors newbie

13. mac4life2007 macrumors newbie

14. aliquis- macrumors 6502a

First one seemed best, second one had low grades, third one I didn't liked as much as first one and it had no inside images, fourth one looks like an old womans bag.

15. danny_w macrumors 601

First one (Brenthaven) is obviouly the best for protection, but it is also heavy and has no extra space for the power adapter or mouse. I have the 4th one (Incase Nylon Sleeve) and I love it; small, light, and extra space for the power adapter. If you want protection, go for the Brenthaven. If you want to keep the small size and light weight of the MB, go with the Incase.

16. pmartin macrumors regular

I have the Timbuk2 Commute which I am very happy with. The quality is great, it looks good, is comfortable to wear, and has a lot of space for all of my accessories.