Which sleeve is better?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by zango, Aug 30, 2008.

1. zango macrumors member

2. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

A quick search pulled up 107 threads on this subject. Let the search button be your friend.

http://forums.macrumors.com/search.php?searchid=12273872

3. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

I'm getting this one for my soon to be announced MacBook. I love the look of it. Quite expensive, though. But hey, style over substance anyday! Wait... never mind. :rolleyes:

4. zango thread starter macrumors member

yes, i know how to search, but i was asking a personalized question, instead of being an *******, why dont you just answer the question, and if you cant, dont waste my time having to read your smart ass reply.

by the way, your link brings me to this:

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

5. mwchris macrumors regular

I would recommend the incase, only because I have several of their products and have no issue with them. The other product you displayed is much like the case I have for my macbook, except mine is an incase. However, since you said you would be carrying it in a backpack, my vote definitely goes for the incase.

Chris

6. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Well, obvioulsy you might know how to search, but don't do it. If you did you would find a thread started almost every day on this subject.

I was also not trying to give a smart ass reply, just showing there are other ways to get information on here than starting another repetitive post.

7. iwuzbord macrumors 6502

iwuzbord

incase makes great products. and if your looking for a sleeve, go with the incase. but be warned, neoprene sleeves tend to rip easily.

8. mademan118 macrumors regular

Personalized? What are you 12? Want us to input the credit card information into the box for you also? Grow up kid.

Deciding which item to buy for dummies 101:

1) Find product(s) that you like

2) Narrow down to a few products that you like

3) Do a search based on products you like, reading a bunch of different reviews and what not.

4) Based on information gathered, select product that best fits needs

5) Order Product

6) Use Product

End of story. If you can not do this on your, then you don't deserve to get any serious answers.

Edit: Oh yea, if you want advice, please do us the favor of putting actual items in your post, not a web link. We are already going through the trouble of helping you, least you can do is make it easy on us.

Edit #2: You ask us to help you pick out 2 products that have been discussed over a thousand times? Not only that, but your questions have been asked a thousand times.

Personalized: Unique to that one individual.

Your questions are not 'personalized' questions. Everyone has the same question when making a thread regarding this same topic.

And if you actually did search, you would find my thread illustrating the best sleeve out there. If you put it in a backpack, polyurethane is a must IMO.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=551795

9. Built macrumors 68020

The very best sleeve (most protective) for the Macbook is the Zeroshock from Japan. Polyurethane padded and a good fit. The best.

My second favorite is the sleeve from Aussiebag. Not as much protection, but a nice tight little package which will help keep your Macbook from getting beaten up.

I have both sleeves and use them interchangeably depending on where I am going.

10. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

I have a Tucano Second Skin, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. The Tucano is truly exceptional at a good price.

I'm Dan, and I approve this message.

11. BradB macrumors newbie

12. M4CBOOK macrumors regular

M4CBOOK

What about the Tucano Work-Out

Attached Files:

13. zango thread starter macrumors member

personalized as in i had already narrowed it down to the two i wanted and was asking if anyone who had experience with either product could make a comment on them.

try searching this while your busy being a forum whore:

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=how+to+have+a+life&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

14. xJulianx macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

I am starting to get sick of people like you on this forum. You sign up, ask a question that has been asked hundreds of times and a member points out that you could have found the answer yourself by doing a forum search and you throw your toys out of the pram.

/rant.

15. mademan118 macrumors regular

Wow I hope you aren't starting college. Personalized questions would ask specific questions regarding each case, not just which has the best protection. Here's the point that is trying to be made:

People have commented on both these products. Infact they have commented on them many times. You are just to lazy to search. Here is a question for you. As you have seen, hardly anyone has commented on the products you mentioned. Now, wouldn't it have been better to read 100+ comments on each product? Would that have given you a better idea of each product?

Lastly, regarding the How to have have a life comment, good one! I didn't realize one post a day meant I had no life!!! Please, if you are going to criticize, make it hilarious so I can get a good laugh out of it. No more of the typical you're fat, have no life, live in your parents basement.

16. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

I got the neoprene sleeve for mine, though I doubt it's going to help protect it much from getting banged around.

If I could choose again between those two, I'd go for option nr. 2. It looks sturdier.

17. Polish97 macrumors member

Polish97

Moderator, could we please have comments:

#2, 4, 6, 8(except for the last 3 lines), 13, 14, 15

Expunged from the record?

Thank you.

18. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Just because I was trying to enlighten a noob to use search before starting a new tread, does not mean that post #2 should be deleted.

BTW, who are you to say what posts should and shouldn't be kept. Everyone should be entitled to their own opinions.

19. zango thread starter macrumors member

first of all, im not a "noob", you're real cool, you can flame on forums.

just because i dont break apart people's posts and comment on everything BUT answering the person's question doesn't mean i dont know how to use a forum, and i don't know how to search.

i needed a quick answer, as i had already narrowed it down to those two items, was leaving for school the next day, and wanted an answer specifically regarding those two products.

im sure one more thread didnt hurt you, and if it did, you really do need to get a life, go breathe some fresh air outside or something.

and if you really don't like the fact that i made this thread, why do you keep posting useless flame that has nothing to do with my question?

20. mademan118 macrumors regular

Answers come quicker from searching... You know why that is? Cause someone else already asked the same question you did and someone answered their question which is what you are looking for. In this case, you do not have to wait for people to answer your post.

I do this because not just that people posting read this thread. Some people reading will learn that searching is indeed the best thing to do first, and then after searching if they have any remaining questions, to post the question(s).

21. actorkid macrumors 6502

wow you guys are all lame....

to answer the poster's question....in my opinion, neoprene is ugly as ****, but if you really like those, then ask yourself if you're gonna put it in a backpack, or you're going to carry it around separately...if the former, get the incase sleeve. If the latter, get the case with the handles on it.

Heres the problem with asking these kinds of questions on these forums Zango. As much as these same threads ARE posted a bunch of times, you're never going to get the real answer you want. Everyone has different opinions on something like cases and sleeves, and if you base your decision solely on reviews, you're going to get nowhere...not to mention the fact that you run the chance of getting "flamed" as you say..

I would suggest you search on google for some published reviews on the cases you want. See what some professionals have to say. Tell yourself exactly what what you need to sleeve for. See which option fits the best. Make a decision and don't second guess yourself...

hope this helps a little