Which smart cover color do you have?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by jafingi, Mar 24, 2011.

1. jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

Can't wait for tomorrow! Already got confirmed by the store I'm buying at that my reservation will give me an iPad 2 16GB WiFi at 5pm local time.. Woohooo! :D

I'm still a bit on loose ground about the smart covers.. I would really love to have one in black, but you're paying a huge premium for it here in Denmark because of taxes (549DKK = $104).. The poly version is 299DKK = $57. However, I'm just not sure I like those fisher-price colors - lol.

So what color do you have? And what color iPad? Can you post pictures of it, so I can realize how each cover will look? :eek:

2. Staindsoul macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

Wife has the white Ipad witrh orange cover. Looks good for females

3. melman101 macrumors 68030

I can't put up pictures, but I have the gray smart cover with the black iPad. It looks pretty awesome. I was all gung-ho about getting the black leather one, until I read Apple's little asterisk on them.

Check out this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1120668

4. Byrd12 macrumors newbie

Black

Waiting for my black cover as we speak, it's on the fedex truck for delivery. Just got my black ATT 64 yesterday from best buy. I am in love.

5. jafingi thread starter macrumors 65816

jafingi

6. guitardogcar macrumors member

Just don't...as my brother thought...expect it to act as a case or think for a moment that it can support the weight of the ipad2...warn guests...it won't be the owners that screw it up...

They can jump out of the magnets with even slight rotational torque.

gdc

There are no warnings from Apple yet...but I predict they will pull a Nintendo here and start to label this design issue. I really was surprised they replaced a dropped one. Thank you again Apple.

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

That's the combo I have, because it looks good on motorcycles as well.

[​IMG]

8. uruseiranma macrumors newbie

I went for a leather cover.

It was tough deciding between Navy Blue and Black, but due to certain 'unmentionable' preferences...I chose Navy Blue.

9. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Frist . . . congratulations! I know you must be HAH (happy as h*ll)

I wanted the gray but changed my mind. Now, I want the green cover.
    The leather colors seem a lot nicer but price is pointing me towards the poly cover. Green looks nice, gray was okay and I definitely didn't like the other poly cover colors. If price wasn't an issue, I'd go for the black leather cover.

10. lauralouise90 macrumors newbie

I liked the idea of the smartcovers when i first heard they were coming out but in reality i don't think they're that great. Half of your Ipad is unprotected and they dont appear to stand very well when you use them on your lap.

I think there's a lot better options from other companies out there for an Ipad 2 case that protects the whole Ipad and still has magents, or has a stand. I defintely think it's a case of having a nose around first instead of just buying a Smartcover because it's there in the Apple shop.

11. glen e macrumors 68030

black or navy leather or gray poly if you are doing business

any of the other colors to sit at starbucks and announce you have a ipad2...

and I have both of the scenarios...not dissing the Starbucks thing...

12. thibaulthalpern macrumors regular

Have the black iPad with orange cover. Love it. My preference would have been cordovan, but Apple doesn't offer this colour.