Which SMS app are you using?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hecticsix, Sep 21, 2009.

1. hecticsix macrumors member

iRealquicksms, bitesms, tlert?

Which one are u using? And why..

Thanks--

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Messages, and I Love er… LOVE iRealQuickSMS. Bet $6 spent ever. It is so quick and convenient. My iPhone doesn't feel like an iPhone without it. I don't know how people can NOT have this feature.

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Using MMS stock app and works well

Easy and multi-text function

4. tnisatard macrumors 6502

what are so special about SMS apps? what do they offer that the OG sms app doesnt?

5. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

tlert

I couldn't imagine my iphone without tlert. I text constantly, and being able to instantly reply to a text (even from my lockscreen) makes it the best device for me.

6. xsecretfiles macrumors 6502

iRealquicksms, can't live without it. I can reply within any app I'm running.
    No need to unlock to slide to reply to texts

It's awesome!

7. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

I use TextPlus or MobileMail :p I don't like paying for SMS.

8. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

biteSMS. The best product with the best support.

9. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

GriP allows the same thing. As soon as the alert pops up, touch the icon and the texting window springs open.

10. Shanesan macrumors 6502

Shanesan

Indeed, it does have great support and its an app that I love. I like the counter and the ability to quick-compose or quick-reply.

11. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

I used and loved tlert until I discovered irealquicksms. I like it a little better, only because it allows for a "quick compose" window. If tlert implemented that, I'd switch back. But both are great apps :D

12. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

While I use and love grip for other things, it's not really the same thing as these other texting apps. When you receive a text and click grip, it closes the app you're currently using and opens the default text app. You text. Then you have to close the text app and re-open whatever you were doing before.

With any of the above texting apps, you can text from within any applications. You don't have to go through the default text app.

13. doboy macrumors 68000

GV Mobile with incoming sms forwarded to my gmail which then gets forwarded to my Me mail which is pushed. So I can instantly know when I get a sms and can even reply within mail app by selecting gmail acct to send.

14. Spears62 macrumors newbie

Spears62

Tlert is way the 2 go

I have use both iRealQuickSMS & Tlert. iReal is good bcause of the quick compose, ex. Volume up and touch. But every cracked iRealQuickSMS i've tried has always expired on me and when i go to text sum1 they reply back w/ "What???", bcause when app expires it leaves a message to the person your texting saying something like, "iPhone iRealQuickSMS Demo". So Tlert has seemed to b more dependable, but you can quick compose with Tlert only when sum1 has texted you. Hopefully they will fix this, bcause the text app takes to long to open up.

15. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

iRealsms is great...

gave them all a try and like this the best.

Bitesms would be a close second.

16. ebika macrumors 6502

So, iRealQuickSMS is not as dependable because you stole it poorly? Stay classy. :rolleyes: