Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Patriks7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
Vienna
Hey guys. I'm having a small dilemma. I can't decide which game to get.

I'll start out by saying that this weekend I'm definitely getting Skyrim. However, I was about to order Demons Souls as well, since I found it for about 15€ and heard so much great stuff about it. However, as I was reading more on it, I somehow ended up reading about Dark Souls. Felt more intriguing with the open world. But the problem is, it's more closer to 50€.

So for those who have played both, is it worth it to get Demons Souls now? Or should I go for Dark Souls (taking into account the fact that I'll be getting another open world RPG this weekend)?

Malus Deus

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
Pennsylvania
I've put about 100 hours in Dark Souls so far. I'm really enjoy it. If you're getting Skyrim you could always hold off on the others. All are very time consuming. :)

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I was in a similar boat to you. Wanted to play one of them but didn't know which to get. I figured I'd go for the one that's easier to grasp, which all my buddies said was Dark Souls.

Jolly good game :).

Patriks7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
Vienna
Well I ended up pulling the gun on Demons Souls and since I have so many other games I have yet to play, I'll probably wait on both Skyrim and Dark Souls. Especially for some patches for Skyrim to come :D But of course, knowing myself, I'll find an excuse to stop at the mall tomorrow and go buy Skyrim anyway.

But anyway, I'm quite excited to try Demons Souls.

rezenclowd3

macrumors 65816
IMO Demon's souls is a much better game than Dark Souls, as the multiplayer aspect in Dark Souls has been so poorly implemented. However, Demons Souls fanbase will only be dwindling much quicker at this point in time...

Other than that, gameplay for both are great, but Demons Souls still wins out IMO with it's black/white world tendency that alters how hard the game is, its rewards, and storyline.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Both games are absolute bloody torture for me :) if I spent 20 hours banging my head against a rusty blade followed by 20 hour swim in an acid bath, it would be less tormenting than either dark or Demon's souls.......

Skyrim on the other hand is awesome (plus there's a difficulty setting ;) )

Patriks7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
Vienna
Both games are absolute bloody torture for me :) if I spent 20 hours banging my head against a rusty blade followed by 20 hour swim in an acid bath, it would be less tormenting than either dark or Demon's souls.......

Skyrim on the other hand is awesome (plus there's a difficulty setting ;) )

Good to see Skyrim is so awesome :D I almost bought it this morning, but the guy at the store was pretty confident the game would run in the local language (German), which I didn't want. I had the same problem with Oblivion when I got it there and ended up ordering a UK version. So I also ordered Skyrim from the UK. Not only is it cheaper, but also in English! :D only bad part, I have to wait about 10 days for it to be delivered.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.