Which Spigen Case Color Looks Better?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Hazyb71, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Hazyb71, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014

Hazyb71 macrumors member

Hey gang, so I've been racking my brains trying to choose the right color for my incoming White/Silver iPhone 6 (I know, first world problems).

I've narrowed it down to these two:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^Infinity White

or...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^Satin Silver

Can I get your opinions on which one looks nicer? Thanks mates!

2. metacove1 macrumors member

3. its93rc macrumors 6502

its93rc

Get Satin Silver because White stains easily. :)

4. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

I love the Spigen Neo Hybrid cases. They add a minimum of bulk while offering decent protection. I'm using the yellow edge on my iPhone 5s but will probably go with the Metal Slate (second one) for my 6+ which is space gray.

5. Hazyb71 thread starter macrumors member

Sorry guys the links took you to the wrong colors. I inputted the images so you should see it in my first post now. Thanks for your inputs but can you take another look?

----------

From what I heard the Metal Slate goes good with the iPhone 5's blueish color. Gunmetal is the best match for Space Gray.

----------

From what I heard the Metal Slate goes good with the iPhone 5's blueish color. Gunmetal is the best match for Space Gray.

6. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I'd go with the silver one, matches the back better.

7. Azzin macrumors 68040

I'm personally not a fan of the open back/bumper type cases, but of the ones you've listed, I prefer the Infinity White one.

I've got a white Tough Armor on my 5S and I think it's a superb case:

[​IMG]

This time though, for my white/silver 6 Plus, I've gone with one of these:

[​IMG]

8. cleirac macrumors 6502

I hate cases with (tacky) non-Apple branding / logo in my brand new iPhones if ever I used them for a short time. Avoided them like plagues. Thought I've seen a clear Spigen version without branding of any kind.

9. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That is correct.

For the iPhone 6 in Space Grey, you want to order a Gunmetal Spigen case (above against a Space Grey iPhone 5 for reference) and definitely not Metal Slate.

BJ

10. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I bought the Satin Silver version as I like a bumper to look like its part of the phone rather than something I have added. I think the silver will match nicely and its similar to the Spigen one on my current iPhone 5.

I also bought a cheap silicone gel case to use until decent screen protectors for the front and back are released.

11. Hazyb71 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your input. I went with the silver myself for the same reason.

12. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

A friend of mine ordered the same bumper in yellow, not my taste but it was my first physical reference of the size difference. Here's a photo alongside my iPhone.
    [​IMG]
    Excuse my orange button sticker, I was given it and am only putting up with it for a few more days lol. :)

13. bobright macrumors 601

How about gold?

14. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Good choice, I stuck with the white again.

Its a very pearlescent white instead of flat :blech:

15. Wise87 macrumors 6502

I recently received the Tough Armor in Gun Metal gray and returned it. The color didn't look as good in the pictures. I have since ordered the Satin Silver. This should look move on the space gray iPhone.

16. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Great looking cases but i am always nervous about the back remaining exposed.

17. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Once the protective films come out on the market it'll be fine. The back of my iP5 has had a film on it in a bumper for over a year and its free of any damage. As long as you are not throwing the phone around I can't see it being an issue :)

18. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

I don't understand why people ask which looks best on their device. The answer is: what you like.

The answer will always be what you like best, it's your phone so you should decide what you want, not what others like.

19. Hazyb71 thread starter macrumors member

That's a given. But others can give you pros and cons of each. For example I had people tell me the silver seems more like its a part of the phone itself. That tipped it over for me. Plus when you like both equally, a second opinion can help

20. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

That I can understand, but I speak for myself. I'f I see I'm split between 2 or more, I tend to imagine the phone with a case in the color I tend to like more and If I like it I buy it :)

21. techn9ne macrumors member

This case is really nice. Only if the badging wasnt so huge like a billboard.

22. Hazyb71 thread starter macrumors member

Ha! I tried that. I can be indecisive at times. But at least I pulled the trigger in time ;)